Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

Just did some research:

BTD was released on April 27, 2016 and hit the charts on May 6 (9 days). It went on to hit #1 on July 9.

BIOMY was released on May 8 and hit the charts on May 14th (6 days).

Here's what Billboard said when BTD hit the charts:

"Bored" arrived April 27, a Wednesday. As the radio chart tracking week runs Monday through Sunday... it enters with less than four full days. Analyzing more deeply, it may now be harder for songs to debut as high on airplay charts as before July 10, 2015, when the new Friday global release date for albums and singles took effect. Previously, new songs often premiered on Mondays (and albums on Tuesdays), thus ensuring a full first week of play for songs on airplay charts (again, as airplay chart tracking covers Monday-Sunday); now, songs and albums often premiere on Fridays, which keeps them from logging a full first week of spins on airplay charts. The tradeoff is that they can accumulate a full seven days of sales and streaming, as sales and streaming charts run Monday-Sunday.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7357973/blink-182-alternative-songs-bored-to-death

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

I thought you said only Feldmann paid to play and that's why California did so well? This song isn't a Feldmann..

All songs on the radio are paid to be there. I’m sorry to break this to some of you. They aren’t there because they’re good songs. 99% of the worst songs ever written and recorded were all radio smashes. 

• Like 1

The more I listen to this song, the more I can imagine it suiting blink way more if they changed certain aspects of it. Imagine that synth riff or whatever from the intro being a Cure styled riff for the guitar. No gang vocals at all in the song. Slight improvement on some of the lyrics which i don't find awful like Parking Lot etc. That guitar that's played on the bridge sounds like something Tom would come up with for live performances too. I don't think the bridge needed vocals. That guitar should've been way louder in the mix. Would've perfectly suited that stadium rock vibe that Tom always tried to aim for.

Could've had similar vibes to After Midnight but not as boring as that song. It isn't a bad song at all IMO, I just feel it could've been way better.

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

It's weird, I keep hearing that new sum 41 song and even Rebel Girl on our national alt. radio but they never play BIOMY (yet they still play WMAA, I miss you etc.)

That’s because it has no business being on a alt radio. It should be played in between Taylor Swift and Halsey  

• Like 4

they dont play it on the radio because it doesnt have radio charisma and doesnt appeal to people outside of blink''s fanbase

it doesnt even sound like a song that ud hear on the radio 

aswell as its a realy bad cringy song

theres nothing wrong with people enjoying the song but in the grander scheme of things its just cringe and fuck off 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

It's weird, I keep hearing that new sum 41 song and even Rebel Girl on our national alt. radio but they never play BIOMY (yet they still play WMAA, I miss you etc.)

Neither song is charting at all here