Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

I'm still kinda confused about what's going on with the single, I get that a lot of internet fans scoffed at it but it still had the highest debut of the week on Billboard's alternative chart and they obviously have barely done anything to promote it so far. Pretty strange situation for a lead single of a new album but I'm not gonna treat it as a flop or anything yet.

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I'm still kinda confused about what's going on with the single, I get that a lot of internet fans scoffed at it but it still had the highest debut of the week on Billboard's alternative chart and they obviously have barely done anything to promote it so far. Pretty strange situation for a lead single of a new album but I'm not gonna treat it as a flop or anything yet.

a big part of the reason is because "blink-182" is a staple name that is extremly mass apeal and as a huge follow up they realy hit people hard back then with wmma all the small thing and adam song/staytogethe rfor the kids amongts many other big songs theyve had

if a smaller band put out the same song it prob would barely get any traction

• Like 1

The song definitely had potential for more. The verses are quite good and blink-like but the choruses (aside from the hook) sound like something off the first Brownsound-less Sum 41 album, and the song just never goes anywhere; it's like Feeling This if the epic final chorus/outro sequence were replaced with just the first/second chorus. Edit: And where's the guitar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSandt said:

The song definitely had potential for more. The verses are quite good and blink-like but the choruses (aside from the hook) sound like something off the first Brownsound-less Sum 41 album, and the song just never goes anywhere; it's like Feeling This if the epic final chorus/outro sequence were replaced with just the first/second chorus. Edit: And where's the guitar?

i agree that the ending of feeling this is prety epic, the way everything fades out and all u hear his the many vocals overlaping with the song finishing on one of the back vocal line , real good stuff

• Like 1