Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

What i've come to realise since california: punkrock as we know it is dead. Everything is played on clicktrack, every performance is with a backing guitar and sometimes vocals. No more drunk/high musicians on stage.... What a shame this has happened to punkrock :(

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Nope i just don't need to justify my opinion to you. 

If you guys hate a direction of a band why follow it let alone waste your time on a message board dedicated to the band and don't give me that "I'm here for other sections" bullshit. 

I know you don't, just thought it might be interesting to discuss conflicting views, kind of the point of a place like this isn't it?

Also have you even read my posts on the song? I said that I liked parts of the song and disliked others.

What's more boring is you telling people every other day that they shouldn't be posting here anymore because they have a different opinion to yours...

• Like 2

Just now, ...Dan... said:

I know you don't, just thought it might be interesting to discuss conflicting views

Also have you even read my posts on the song? I said that I liked parts of the song and disliked others.

What's more boring is you telling people every other day that they shouldn't be posting here anymore because they have a different opinion to yours...

Can't be more boring then coming on a message board bashing the band every day. But to each their own.  

5 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

The samples are cliché, BIOMY makes much better use. Tom keeps writing lyrics about girls or boys, he sounds like a fucking donkey and keeps making the same music.

I’ll take toms lyrics over blinks anytime. They both write shitty lyrics though. But rebel girl is a superior song. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

Can't be more boring then coming on a message board bashing the band every day. But to each their own.  

Blink is still an active band. They still release music. So coming here is valid. Not everyone loves the new stuff but might love newer releases. I hope i’ll like the next release and the album. But who knows? Thats why people post here. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Reg said:

I’ll take toms lyrics over blinks anytime. They both write shitty lyrics though. But rebel girl is a superior song. 

the lyrics on BIOMY are waaaaay better, i can't even understand how you can say that. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with you liking the song, to eacht their own, i just don't get it. When i listened to Rebel Girl with my brother a few days ago we both just started laughing our asses off 1 minute in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reg said:

Blink is still an active band. They still release music. So coming here is valid. Not everyone loves the new stuff but might love newer releases. I hope i’ll like the next release and the album. But who knows? Thats why people post here. 

I don't see the point if you haven't like anything the band has done in recent years. It'd be like if i hung out on an RHCP message board on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vivalasativa said:

the lyrics on BIOMY are waaaaay better, i can't even understand how you can say that. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with you liking the song, to eacht their own, i just don't get it. When i listened to Rebel Girl with my brother a few days ago we both just started laughing our asses off 1 minute in.

Agreed, the lyrics for Rebel Girl are terrible.

I actually think the lyrics for BIOMY are decent (taking into consideration that blink have never been that good lyrically)

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy030 said:

I don't see the point if you haven't like anything the band has done in recent years. It'd be like if i hung out on an RHCP message board on a daily basis. 

Have you ever loved RHCP so much that at one point in your life you felt the need to sign up to a message board solely dedicated to their music to talk about them?

Just now, vivalasativa said:

I agree with the lyrics. But i hate the “blame it on my youth” line. Because i hate the youth, young, teenage etc theme. 

But in terms of music. I like Rebel Girl more. Its just more my kind of music, more like blink could have been maybe.

BIOMY is such an obvious move to get radio plays and be relevant. They dont stand out at all. If mark and matt wouldnt be singing and i heard it on the radio, no way i would guess its a blink song. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reg said:

I would argue you’re in the minority to like blinks new music at this point. Judging reactions across different social media platforms.

• Sad 1

this song is interesting to me. Skiba's verse is the best part of the song. but W H O did the production and mixing and mastering?? it sounds so bad, hahaha. it doesn't match the tone that they seem to be going for. why not take the production from "sober," which seems like the type of song they're trying to get at, and use that here? just because feldmann's production style isn't suitable for pop punk, it doesn't mean it's not suitable for pop. and the chorus is annoying and generic. i don't mind the lyrics even though they're also generic.

honestly, to me, this song doesn't sound like it's from 2019. it sounds like it's from 2012-2014--poppy for a band (as opposed to a single artist), anthemic, singalong shouty chorus, etc. in the vein of bands like imagine dragons, one republic, 5 seconds of summer, etc. as other people have mentioned already. this is just interesting to me because it seems like blink are trying to stay relevant in an era of music that has already passed, hahaha.

i don't fault them for it considering that it's hard to be a pop band in 2019 and pop punk has moved to the underground. and this move makes sense because when they became popular, pop punk was thriving. it's just interesting to observe blink through the lens of them being an example of how bands have had to evolve in the 2010s to stay (what they perceive to be) relevant. didn't expect one of my favorite bands to become that for me, buuuut here they are!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

This is also a board for AVA news and tom discussion and im excited for the new album. 

And no. I didnt like california. I do like Cynical and BTD though. 

Who knows. If new AVA and blink both suck. I might log off. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vivalasativa said:

What i've come to realise since california: punkrock as we know it is dead. Everything is played on clicktrack, every performance is with a backing guitar and sometimes vocals. No more drunk/high musicians on stage.... What a shame this has happened to punkrock :(

there are a lot of real punkrock bands out there who are doing it the way you describe. 

• Like 1

Lyric video is out, I had the chorus wrong lol:

The chorus is actually:
You could never kill my high!
I'm the ink and you're the headline.
blame it blame it on my youth
You could never block my shine!
I've been lost since 1999!