Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

He doesn’t have to spend all his time bashing the band though does he? No.

Tom quit. If you have a job for 20 years and then quit is it still your job? 

Not talking about a job I’m talking about blink being toms band which it is. He created it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

I actually like the chorus of it just as much as the verses, feel like I'm seriously in the minority with that...

I think you are, it's either people love the verses and hate the chorus or they're meh on the verses but love the chorus. Marmite of blink songs really. 

I listened to this new song once at work on spotify. Immediately after Rebel Girl came on and I got sad realizing I'm an AVA fan over blink...and really I only like half of every AVA album but Dream Walker. I even like Simple Creatures better than this drudge. Hm. Oh well. 

I then scrolled through the "new punk" playlist and found a rad band called Arcadia Grey and listened to them for the rest of the night.

I can no longer recall what the song sounded like, the chorus, the verse, anything. At least with Bored to Death there was a hook of some sort.

But whatever. Carry on, Mark & Friends. Wish me luck as I attempt to read this thread's 30 pages of arguments.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I then scrolled through the "new punk" playlist and found a rad band called Arcadia Grey and listened to them for the rest of the night.

I just YouTube'd them, MonSTAR is actually alright haha fair play. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Not talking about a job I’m talking about blink being toms band which it is. He created it. 

Tom and mark created it. It was never blink until they both got together. When Tom quit he relinquished the band to Mark. Simple as that

A reddit user pointed out that Trav's IG video on 4/10 is BIOMY, so the song was made less than a month ago. Mark also mentioned on his IG live yesterday that they had it done in 2 days. Still weird how quickly it surpassed 40+ songs as the favorite as the lead single. Also, wonder if he saw the Simple Creatures praise (it had already been released) and felt this was the way to go?

When people say "nice song could fit on the radio" that sounds to me like saying "nice hands could be good for infantile murder", a weird compliment that is really not a compliment at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2