Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

Maybe this proves that really, it's more about having blink as your identity, so when they're cringing and bad, people can't see it because they see themselves in this band?

deep thoughts right?

• Like 1

Just now, ...Dan... said:

The songs on California cater for 16 years old a fuckload more than the later Starting Line releases. 

The Starting Line stopped releasing music years ago but that is a sound that has aged far better than California ever will. 

Not defending Cali here, just find it funny that the same people wanting songs like what the Starting Line put out, are then put off by an entire album that tried to tap into that sound again.  Cali wasnt what I wanted either (though i enjoyed it for what it was), a clear new focus like this is welcome by  me, may not be the direction i wanted, but I'm grateful that it seems to be genuine this time and in line with a lot of the music i like these days. More Cali would have had me checking out. 

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You’d know about that. clinging onto a band that’s long gone 

Actually I've adapted and very much enjoy this band now for what it is, you seem to have the trouble moving on and accepting that things have changed, and this is who the band is now. 

• Like 1

Always makes me laugh when I think about these grown men blink haters posting on blink boards about how amazing some band is and how THIS is what blink should sound like...then i listen to it and it's either emo shit that I would have cried myself to sleep over at age 16 OR it's over the top pop punk that makes NFG sound hard.

• Like 2

Just now, M!ke said:

Not defending Cali here, just find it funny that the same people wanting songs like what the Starting Line put out, are then put off by an entire album that tried to tap into that sound again.  Cali wasnt what I wanted either (though i enjoyed it for what it was), a clear new focus like this is welcome by  me, may not be the direction i wanted, but I'm grateful that it seems to be genuine this time and in line with a lot of the music i like these days. More Cali would have had me checking out. 

It's almost like the sounds on California and The Starting Line later releases are COMPLETELY different...

I'm not saying I want it to sound exactly like mid 00s Starting Line, but a mature/darker pop punk sound with lyrics that aren't about being a teenager would have been my ideal route for the band. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

You kind of missed my point. That song is (probably) made for young people and captures the vibe people are attributing to blink. I wasn't saying it was what blink should be doing, but it's what they seeming are trying to go for.

Now excuse me, I'm gonna listen to the new Carly Rae Jepsen.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Always makes me laugh when I think about these grown men blink haters posting on blink boards about how amazing some band is and how THIS is what blink should sound like...then i listen to it and it's either emo shit that I would have cried myself to sleep over at age 16 OR it's over the top pop punk that makes NFG sound hard.

You cried yourself to sleep when you were 16? that's pretty gay mate. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ...Dan... said:

You cried yourself to sleep when you were 16? that's pretty gay mate. 

I think I must of triggered somebody when I posted the starting line. my bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I just YouTube'd them, MonSTAR is actually alright haha fair play. 

They had a couple good songs. I like listening to random spotify bands.  Any recommendations feel free to suggest. Elisa had a few good bands too. Trust me, got nothing but time at work haha

Also... funny how the makers of the playlist put blink and AVA back to back.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I dont want blink to sound emo I just want them to sound like them. This is untitled blink with +44 influences. Bring Skiba in and there you have some trio influence. Not bring Skiba in and pull an asshole move and start sounding like a joke... Its not so difficult just write the songs with your fucking bandmates not with a thousands pop writers. I think it isnt difficult. Continue sucking their dicks until they become the new fob.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

I dont want blink to sound emo I just want them to sound like them. This is untitled blink with +44 influences. Bring Skiba in and there you have some trio influence. Not bring Skiba in and pull an asshole move and start sounding like a joke... Its not so difficult just write the songs with your fucking bandmates not with a thousands pop writers. I think it isnt difficult. Continue sucking their dicks until they become the new fob.

• Haha 3