Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The customer is not always right. That's not how it works in music/entertainment. That's how it works at Walmart and McDonalds. Didn't people hate the untitled album at first?

You kidding me? Thats exactly how it works. If people stop buying the music or going to the shows; they are fucked, and it is always one album away from that.

Of course it is this mentality that gets them to write this shitty music to begin with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Deep down the hate is driving Mark insane because he knows its true, and he knows its ultimately a problem for business. Ironic that the guy who says he can release whatever he wants is the biggest corporate tool/puppet.

Mark is nearing Travis Dude Ranch levels of sadness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

No, I think record labels identified the popular trends in music in 1999, which explains why blink's sound completely changed and why other bands came out of nowhere with that same sound

It's not like Enema is a big departure from Dude Ranch though. It's just a slightly poppier more polished sound. Lit became a completely different band. Someone must've started the trend. 

• Like 2

Its just foreign to me that someone who is set for life financially would sacrifice his integrity like this. Maybe he isn't into music anymore. That is really the only explanation.

I love to reenact, so historical integrity is important, so if someone offered me $1000 to something that insulted history, I'd tell them to fuck off in a second. Unless of course I no longer cared about reenacting.

• Like 2

I don't think Blink as artists have any responsibility for the fans when it comes to pleasing them with new albums, either when it comes to being recognizable or pushing the envelop, they can make whatever they want, but fans can also choose to not buy it if they don't like it. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ghent said:

LIT recorded that song in 1998. So you're saying they listened to Enema before it was even out and wrote that bad boy?

Lit was the Shit. A place in the sun and Atomic are great albums. I love Jeremy’s guitar tones on those albums. If y’all recall,  blink made a cameo in their “ziplock” video.

Release throwback album that sounds like old blink: sacrificing artistic integrity

Release new song that is progressive and modern and new: sacrificing artistic integrity

No win situation. Time for them to cut the cord with this fan base. Tombots can go to hell

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Release throwback album that sounds like old blink: sacrificing artistic integrity

Release new song that is progressive and modern and new: sacrificing artistic integrity

No win situation. Time for them to cut the cord with this fan base. Tombots can go to hell

1126.gif

• Like 4

The entire mid to late 90s was filled with poppy alternative/punk/beachy/Southern California style rock music. There's no point in pretending any one band invented it or whether Lit or Blink ripped off the other one. That was the aesthetic of a lot of music, movies, fashion and TV at that time. It's ridiculous to think that Enema fit into that but Dude Ranch didn't.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Most of us didn't think it sounded like old blink

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

BIOMY isn't horrible and I think they succeeded with what they were going for, but I wouldn't call it progressive

art is just as much for the artist as it is for the audience (and yes, i'd categorize BIOMY as "art" because it's a song --> music --> a form of artistic expression). at the point where Mark is several decades into his career and seemingly financially stable, i don't think he owes unhappy fans anything. they can just choose not to support him in response.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Maybe he isn't into music anymore. That is really the only explanation.

Been in the studio over a year with Blink, has over 40+ songs. Loved music/creating so much he spun up a side band to keep up with his desire to create new music. Toured with that band. 2 EPs done with that band, currently working on the third while also still creating music with his main band. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thomas D. said:

Some people get really defensive about us not being into this new song. No harm in that, but you can’t deny that trolling and blocking fans for telling their own opinions is a bad move of Mark. 

I'm convinced that the entire song is a troll move for the band. There's no way they'd think this would go well with the fans. And if that's the case I kinda love that.

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

Been in the studio over a year with Blink, has over 40+ songs. Loved music/creating so much he spun up a side band to keep up with his desire to create new music. Toured with that band. 2 EPs done with that band, currently working on the third while also still creating music with his main band. 

giphy.gif

He seems to hire an awful people to write the music for him though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

The entire mid to late 90s was filled with poppy alternative/punk/beachy/Southern California style rock music. There's no point in pretending any one band invented it or whether Lit or Blink ripped off the other one. That was the aesthetic of a lot of music, movies, fashion and TV at that time. It's ridiculous to think that Enema fit into that but Dude Ranch didn't.

And the music scene today is filled with songs that sound similar to BIOMY. It's simply a song written in 2019. That's what's popular now, that's what people listen to now.

5 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

You can really tell Ghent doesn't listen to a lot of music sometimes...

I actually listen to a huge variety of shit. Unlike you, I'm able to stray away from music written for angsty teens from time to time. You should try it. Genres suck!