Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

43 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Because their merch is created for the same target audience as their music these days and we're not 14.

i don't think 14 year olds are into graffiti in 2019... if anything the design looks REALLY outdated

blameitonmyyouth_whiteshirt_2048x2048.jp

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

And the music scene today is filled with songs that sound similar to BIOMY. It's simply a song written in 2019. That's what's popular now, that's what people listen to now.

Agreed, I mean there could be an argument that Blink helped create and was a natural part of the 90s version and now they are trying to fit themselves into the 2019 version but it doesn't really matter. I happen to think BIOMY is a better vibe than most of the Cali era so I'm with you for the most part on this one haha (FOR NOW.....)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Matt Skiba no doubt the fucking weirdo

30 bucks for a 3 year old child’s drawing on a plain white t shirt. Fucking robbery 

Exactly, I was thinking the only person who'd wear that is a 3 year old that doesn't know any better. Even teenagers would think that is too childish.

• Like 1

After a few more listens I’m liking it more but I can’t help but think that this song would fit perfect on the playlists that used to play at American eagle when I used to work there 2011-14 for some side income, I can almost hear the playlist in my head with songs sounding exactly like this 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

josie was never a hit; never got much radio play. dammit got alternative radio play in major markets (LA's KROQ etc). neither video were played heavily on MTV.

Exactly. I don’t ever remember seeing blink anywhere. I live in Michigan and I was watching MTV a bit by that time. Granted I was only like 10-11, and 13 when I discovered blink, which was because of WMAA. 

21 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

most older fans hated it, yes.

I’m still not a huge fan. I can’t understand how 3 multi-millionaires living in beautiful Southern California could be moping around making a depressed sounding record. Still not much of a fan of this album 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Deep down the hate is driving Mark insane because he knows its true, and he knows its ultimately a problem for business. Ironic that the guy who says he can release whatever he wants is the biggest corporate tool/puppet.

4 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Mark is nearing Travis Dude Ranch levels of sadness.

4 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its just foreign to me that someone who is set for life financially would sacrifice his integrity like this. Maybe he isn't into music anymore. That is really the only explanation.

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I'm all for letting artists express themselves and letting fans/customers choose what strikes a chord with them, you can't never convince me this is the music they really wanna make. 

Ah I'm just really glad we have all you guys here with insider information about Mark. Please tell us more. It's funny to me. For people judging other 45 year old people for being immature and basically fucking tools you sound like a bunch of 13 year olds bitching about their gf dumping them. Grow up for real this is getting embarrassing. You act like keyboard gangstas but if you ever met Mark in person you'd be starstrucked and probably suck his dick for a little attention. 

• Like 1

I think the problem is they keep missing the forest for the trees. They went from one extreme end of the spectrum (“make a new album that sounds super throw back with the new guy to win back the audience”); to the opposite end (“let’s be suppppeeerrrr progressive to prolong longevity”) without much of an attachment of genuineness either time. It is the essential key element we all want and what this band seems to be majorly lacking.

And Mark seems too bullheaded and stubborn to listen to any fan input. He won’t even consider maybe extending shows to two hours or even 15 more minutes even though most fans are screaming from the roof tops that they want longer shows. Maybe when it inevitablly bites him in the ass? Who knows.

Again, I’ll still wait for the new album before I make my final judgment call, but fuckin ay, it’s not looking good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Release throwback album that sounds like old blink: sacrificing artistic integrity

Release new song that is progressive and modern and new: sacrificing artistic integrity

No win situation. Time for them to cut the cord with this fan base. Tombots can go to hell

I didn't get all the hate for California, except for a couple of the songs which are meh (Los Angeles, San Diego...). I do however hate how over produced it is, the constant Na Na Na's (you don't need them on nearly every song) and most of all I hate the autotuned vocals. But as for going back to their roots, I enjoyed it. Sure some of the lyrics could be better, more relatable to their age, but at least the songs are decent.

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

josie was never a hit; never got much radio play. dammit got alternative radio play in major markets (LA's KROQ etc). neither video were played heavily on MTV.

I remember seeing "Dammit" every now and then on MTV. It was like "oh shit it's on awesome". I remember seeing "Josie" once late at night and that was it. I remember a clip of "Josie" at the 1997 MTV Sports and Music Festival being aired like right before or after a commercial break, where the entire song of "Dammit" was aired during that weekend.