Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

37 minutes ago, petros said:

Nope and nope. You guys where here bitching about how blink did pop punk for 16 year old fans of all time low trying to do what the general blink audience that likes first date and all the small things wants. And bored to death as the first single and the album in general were really well received the album went gold plus they got a grammy nomination.

And I don't even like cali in general. I remember being on @Ghent's sig for months for saying something like I don't want songs like rabbit hole and no future for the next blink album being all fun and stuff.

But that is exactly what this new song is. It isn't anything out of the box. In fact they've stepped even further into the box with this POS.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

he barely has to play anything but octave chords?

of all people you should know how simple those Trio songs are, even compared to WMA. 

i'm not arguing that alk3 songs are particularly complex. i can play them all too. just barres 'n' octaves.

what i am saying is that every time i've seen alk3, skiba has given a solid, passionate, involved, heartfelt performance. that's what i mean by "brings the goods." i expect well-written, easy-to-play pop punkish songs with lyrics i like to sing along to, played with genuine feeling. and that's what i've gotten.

as opposed to the two times i've seen him with blink; he just didn't give a shit.

i'm not talking about virtuosity or skill at all. we all know skibba isn't brett gurewitz.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm not arguing that alk3 songs are particularly complex. i can play them all too. just barres 'n' octaves.

what i am saying is that every time i've seen alk3, skiba has given a good, passionate, involved, heartfelt performance. that's what i mean by "brings the good." i expected well-written, easy-to-play pop punkish songs with lyrics i like to sing along to, played with genuine feeling. and that's what i've gotten.

as opposed to the two times i've seen him with blink; he just didn't give a shit.

i'm not talking about virtuosity or skill at all. we all know skibba isn't brett gurewitz.

So true, was shocked at how different Skiba is playing live with alk3

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

But that is exactly what this new song is. It isn't anything out of the box. In fact they've stepped even further into the box with this POS.

This is the most out of the box blink has been since Untitled imo

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

It definitely floats a little bit higher in the toilet than Left Alone and Misery.

What songs do you like from this era? Genuine question. Or do you hate them all?

I can totally understand hate for: Sober, No Future, Teenage Satellites, Rabbit Hole, KOTW, California, Parking Lot, Don't Mean Anything, and BIOMY... but def not those 2!

59 minutes ago, Scott. said:

It’s the opposite for me. It hasn’t grown on me at all, the more I listen the more I hate Skiba’s voice. I hope this is the worst song on the album

Same here ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

What songs do you like from this era? Genuine question. Or do you hate them all?

I can totally understand hate for: Sober, No Future, Teenage Satellites, Rabbit Hole, KOTW, California, Parking Lot, Don't Mean Anything, and BIOMY... but def not those 2!

I like Long Lost Feeling, Bored to Death, TOTTM. Probably in that order. California, Sober, Last Train Home, Hey I'm Sorry are good tier 2 songs from that era.

Hate the rest.  San Diego, Cynical, Misery were ruined by the chorus. I seriously can't deal with Matt yelling like an idiot.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Misery is one of the worst ones. 

Personally i only still listen to 6/8 occasionally. I can tolerate Last Train Home, Cynical, San Diego, No Future and The Only Thing That Matters. But I wouldn't say I like them. 

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

Misery is one of the worst ones. 

Personally i only still listen to 6/8 occasionally. I can tolerate Last Train Home, Cynical, San Diego, No Future and The Only Thing That Matters. But I wouldn't say I like them. 

He was asking me.

Kidding but I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Misery.  It's probably the most generic of all the songs of you consider the content.

I still don't understand how you like 6/8 though.  It's so try hard to me, trying to be edgy with the name and guitar riff made me instantly give up on it.  It's kind of cool how it switches up in the chorus but then you remember how good blink used to be and it's depressingly bad.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

That's bogus. What a tune.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Have to say San Diego is a tune. Best thing they’ve done with Skiba. 

yes, the bridge is fantastic with terrific lyrics

"I never needed to hear
All of the pain and the fear
Your secrets filled up my ears
Like the ocean blue
I never wanted to know
How deep these cuts on you go
And like a river they flow 
To the ocean blue"

• Like 1