Jump to content
 
Loudernow

Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

This is the most out of the box blink has been since Untitled imo

Its a generic ripoff of Imagine Dragons with 45 year olds singing about teenage rebellion and 1999; cringy lyrics.

Trust me, its in the box dude.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

He was asking me.

Kidding but I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Misery.  It's probably the most generic of all the songs of you consider the content.

I still don't understand how you like 6/8 though.  It's so try hard to me, trying to be edgy with the name and guitar riff made me instantly give up on it.  It's kind of cool how it switches up in the chorus but then you remember how good blink used to be and it's depressingly bad.

6/8 is the best Feldmann era song and might be one of the best post 2009 reunion songs.

Why? For once the guitar actually has a decent presence. The drums are fucking amazing. The song rocks out. It has a good melody. The lyrics are actually decent and not written for 14 year olds. About overcoming hard times.

Matt's chanting in the background actually adds to a song for once, I just wish he wasn't saying something really stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Its a generic ripoff of Imagine Dragons with 45 year olds singing about teenage rebellion and 1999; cringy lyrics.

Trust me, its in the box dude.

speaking of that 1999 line, wtf is that about no one is gonna relate to that 

i agree real top cringy attemp at sounding deep just like when they said  "And it's a long way back from seventeen"' in bored to death most people have no idea about wha tthey r talking about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I like Long Lost Feeling, Bored to Death, TOTTM. Probably in that order. California, Sober, Last Train Home, Hey I'm Sorry are good tier 2 songs from that era.

Hate the rest.  San Diego, Cynical, Misery were ruined by the chorus. I seriously can't deal with Matt yelling like an idiot.

I really like Long Lost Feeling. I really think that BIOMY is a poor man’s Long Lost Feeling. It’s kind of a similar song in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

speaking of that 1999 line, wtf is that about no one is gonna relate to that 

i agree real top cringy attemp at sounding deep just like when they said  "And it's a long way back from seventeen"' in bored to death most people have no idea about wha tthey r talking about

Or "I was bored to death, SO I STARTED A BAND"

Fuck off Mark. Killing the legacy line by line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

that first verse of my racoon with the big mouth is  a big rip off of that litle part there i linked, this is definitly the sort of song i could see mark liking

at that point if they gonna rip them off so hard they might aswell have jack antoff himself write something for them

#metoo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark posted a photo to Instagram of sunny California weather saying "california, your the worst", joking obviously.  The comments all go something like "if you mean the album then your correct", "not as bad as your new single" "not as bad as Lil Wayne ruining WMAA".  People are not happy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ghent said:

This is the most out of the box blink has been since Untitled imo

Nah, Fighting the Gravity takes that claim IMO. Not heard a song like it. Next ones would be songs like Kaleidoscope, Snake Charmer, GOTDF, Up All Night, Wishing Well, PLG. Pretty much all of Neighborhoods and DED songs are more unique and out the box than the new song. BIOTY is unique for blink because blink have never done that but that doesn't make it out the box. It's still generic pop that mainstream radio has been playing the past 2 years. Blink used to come up with out the box stuff themselves but since Tom has left they have become just another band.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Anybody know how/where to track chart performance?

The 'impact' period for it as a single on the radio starts today (may 14th).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knapton said:

Mark posted a photo to Instagram of sunny California weather saying "california, your the worst", joking obviously.  The comments all go something like "if you mean the album then your correct", "not as bad as your new single" "not as bad as Lil Wayne ruining WMAA".  People are not happy lol

The instagram pocket, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Nah, Fighting the Gravity takes that claim IMO. Not heard a song like it. Next ones would be songs like Kaleidoscope, Snake Charmer, GOTDF, Up All Night, Wishing Well, PLG. Pretty much all of Neighborhoods and DED songs are more unique and out the box than the new song. BIOTY is unique for blink because blink have never done that but that doesn't make it out the box. It's still generic pop that mainstream radio has been playing the past 2 years. Blink used to come up with out the box stuff themselves but since Tom has left they have become just another band.

Took the bait, but agreed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Or "I was bored to death, SO I STARTED A BAND"

Fuck off Mark. Killing the legacy line by line.

what is the problem? mark started bands when he was bored. not exactly blink, but pier 69 or the attic children or plus-44 or simple creatures...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

what is the problem? mark started bands when he was bored. not exactly blink, but pier 69 or the attic children or plus-44 or simple creatures...

Dumb cunts mate. The lot of em. Don’t give them the time of day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Is this the worst blink song of all time? 100% the worst single 

Much better than a lot of California, and a better single than SOOHM and HISALP in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Much better than a lot of California, and a better single than SOOHM and HISALP in my opinion

Yeah I actively despise this song but I think it's on par if not slightly better than She's Out Of Her Mind. that song is just atrocious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...