Blame It on My Youth (the Raccoon song)

Loudernow

idk if anyone saw, but BIOMY fell from the hot rock songs chart down from #9 to #22 this week (that's pretty bad), but moved up a little from #21 to #19 on the alt songs chart (where blink has historically seen the most success)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, boxelder said:

idk if anyone saw, but BIOMY fell from the hot rock songs chart down from #9 to #22 this week (that's pretty bad), but moved up a little from #21 to #19 on the alt songs chart (where blink has historically seen the most success)

Because it’s a piece of shit. Novelty has worn off now. It’s seriously shit. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

i bet they are secretly re-recording a bunch of songs, wouldn't suprise me if the album at this stage is full of biomy part 2, 3, 4...imagine mark picking up songs right now out of 50 songs they have - shit, crap, shit... waiting for an announcement of a delay till october, after the tour.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, b00bies said:

i bet they are secretly re-recording a bunch of songs, wouldn't suprise me if the album at this stage is full of biomy part 2, 3, 4...imagine mark picking up songs right now out of 50 songs they have - shit, crap, shit... waiting for an announcement of a delay till october, after the tour.

I guarantee you since simple creatures has gone down pretty well, they’ve rewritten everything to have a poppier feel to it. I love simple creatures btw but it’s not what I want for blink. I want some good rock songs ffs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Because it’s a piece of shit. Novelty has worn off now. It’s seriously shit. 

Blink used to live off of awesome innovative music and the fact Mark Tom were the coolest/funniest guys on the planet, and randomly had an amazing drummer along for the ride.

Then they lived off of a shelled, somewhat depressing version of that, but still a glimmer of hope and better than most music out there.

Now they live strictly off their name and pure marketing/nostalgia of that name. The music sounds nothing like them and nothing remotely good.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 5/31/2019 at 12:44 AM, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Blink used to live off of awesome innovative music and the fact Mark Tom were the coolest/funniest guys on the planet, and randomly had an amazing drummer along for the ride.

Then they lived off of a shelled, somewhat depressing version of that, but still a glimmer of hope and better than most music out there.

Now they live strictly off their name and pure marketing/nostalgia of that name. The music sounds nothing like them and nothing remotely good.

"they" is pretty much Mark these days.
I love Mark.  Awesome dude, and so down to earth and rad to talk with, but he should have given up on Blink a long time ago.
I fucking love Blink to death, but this new shit I can even stand anymore...

• Like 1

I have a woman who listens to like the top #10 songs on her radio everyday and I have to put headphones on. Its all complete trash. I am not lying when I say some of it would be a good form of torture. ........The Jonas Brothers, gimme a damn break.

So it climbing the charts doesn't mean much. Pay to play.

If I wrote and recorded that song it would go nowhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I have a woman who listens to like the top #10 songs on her radio everyday and I have to put headphones on. Its all complete trash. I am not lying when I say some of it would be a good form of torture. ........The Jonas Brothers, gimme a damn break.

Have how? As a friend or coworker? Going out with? Holding captive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Well first off calm your tits because you couldn't write that song. Second, pay to play isn't the same as being played because of name/brand recognition.

24 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

They're climbing the alternative charts, not the pop charts.

And you couldn't write or record that song, so no reason going too hypothetical there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

If he had the same paid writing team, I'm sure he could.  

He still couldn’t. Miming some Tom Delonge spin moves with a guitar around your waist doesn’t equal talent. Matt is still and always will be the more talented musician.