We need to talk about Mark Hoppus (meltdown in progress?)

Scott.

The thing is I really like Simple Creatures. Why can’t he keep this pop stuff for that project and just knuckle down with Skiba and make a great rock record ffs. What’s he scared of? 

Blink 182 without guitars. Just wtf is going on?

You just can't please everyone, I feel for him. You keep Blink alive, try to have an EOTS style classic with California and people complain that he's desperate and stuck in the past. So you look in the mirror, try to push Blink in a new direction, and now he's desperate to be current. It's tough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's a no win prospect trying to please the washed up fan base. Better off trying to attract new people and just being themselves, releasing what they feel like. Catering will never work

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

You just can't please everyone, I feel for him. You keep Blink alive, try to have an EOTS style classic with California and people complain that he's desperate and stuck in the past. So you look in the mirror, try to push Blink in a new direction, and now he's desperate to be current. It's tough.

Wtf you taking about? California is nothing like Enema. This new song is even more poppier than anything All Time Low have ever released yet they’re hated on here and this song is great apparently  ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's a no win prospect trying to please the washed up fan base. Better off trying to attract new people and just being themselves, releasing what they feel like. Catering will never work

Blink are washed up big man. 

Yeah, California has it's own distinct blandness that never even touches Enema. While I do enjoy some songs on that record, it's still a far far cry from anything they've done in terms of sound/mood/arrangements/etc. It's just in the same umbrella term "pop-punk" that honestly doesn't mean much. I had no problem with them doing back to basics, just do it right.

I mean, it's nothing really new....he's been struggling creatively ever since he let it all out in +44 tbh.  Neighborhoods and DED was kind of the start of his creative fade, but he had this emotion to write from...now he has nothing but what he thinks the kids will want to hear.

He's still a good bassist and it's clear Simple Creatures ignites his soul a bit.  Blink looks like it's painful 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Gotta laugh at all the lads on here who hate pop punk, hate ATL, hate neck deep etc but love California ? 

I would think they'd be in hog heaven but alas

29 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Wtf is going on with him? Mid life crisis? He’s nearly 50 ffs. 

to have a job at his age that's a.) boring to him b.) he's not very good at c.) has very flexible hours

...and make that kind of money... we all should be as lucky at that age.

4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Gotta laugh at all the lads on here who hate pop punk, hate ATL, hate neck deep etc but love California ? 

But you love pop punk, love ATL, love Neck Deep, but hate California?

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

But you love pop punk, love ATL, love Neck Deep, but hate California?

It isn’t what I wanted from blink But I quite like california but we’ve had that now let’s move on. I don’t want pop punk from Blink. It’s not even pop punk anymore by the sound of this new song, it’s just straight up pop