We need to talk about Mark Hoppus (meltdown in progress?)

Scott.

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Why are you guys so uptight about Ghent making it about race tho?

Uncomfortable much?

because he claims other people of being racist for disliking a rapper that happens to be black. he constantly has to make things about race and i don't see a need for that on here

i know he thinks he's edgy by throwing hatred towards jews and constantly bringing race up, but it's more embarassing than anything, really

C'mon Champ, you don't think it's at all weird that there was an aggressive meltdown over Lil Wayne, when other white rappers have opened for blink and even been featured on a blink song with hardly any backlash?

If the opening act on this tour was Yelawolf, it would have sucked, but do you think it would actually have pissed people off? To the point of melting down online and boycotting blink?

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

C'mon Champ, you don't think it's at all weird that there was an aggressive meltdown over Lil Wayne, when other white rappers have opened for blink and even been featured on a blink song with hardly any backlash?

If the opening act on this tour was Yelawolf, it would have sucked, but do you think it would actually have pissed people off? To the point of melting down online and boycotting blink?

Um, the vast majority of people HATED the yelawolf inclusion on the record, and if there was a cats dance chance in hell of me going to a blink show, I sure as fuck wouldn't go if Yelawolf was on the bill. 

While I'm sure there are some ignorant fucks on other parts of the internet who are racists (no doubt) I haven't seen a shred of it here, race was only mentioned when you started calling people racists. Some people don't like rap, some people who like blink definitely don't want a classic blink song fuckin' ruined by rap, and some people only like certain rappers - and some people love rap but still don't like Lil Wayne.

the reaction on this board has been a myriad of different opinions, but not one of them was because Lil Wayne happens to be black. 

• Like 2

There were people who didn't like the Yelawolf part, but there weren't giant meltdowns over it with people spamming comment sections online with hate. It was simply people saying it was lame and sucked. That would have been a normal reaction to Lil Wayne... more at play here.

I know you think I'm calling you a racist Kay. But I'm not. You hate everything. Literally everything. So I wouldn't expect this to be any different really.

The meltdowns are all because of what blink have been doing past few years. Most people are annoyed about Feldman's input on California, the songwriters working with blink and annoyed about this new single then Lil Wayne just adds salt to the wounds. If Lil Wayne was featured instead of Yelawolf on PLG back in 2012, people would've had the same reaction as they did with Yelawolf. The Lil Wayne meltdown is just the exact same as all the meltdowns that's been going on since California. No racism involved at all. Just another thing to add to the crap blink have been doing past 3 years and the meltdowns are gonna get worse. Yelawolf could've featured on the WMAA video and the meltdown would've been the exact same as Lil Wayne IMO.

• Like 3

I mean I'll take your word for it that comment sections somewhere else were filled with meltdowns of racist comments against Lil Wayne, I don't ever look at online reactions in FB comments or whatever so it just comes across weird for you to take crazy shit you saw somewhere else and bring it up here as if it was said by people here. Personally I love a lot of rap but I despise the Yelawolf part in PLG and think most of Travis's personal taste in hip hop is bad haha so the Lil Wayne tour announcement video was hardly surprising and more of just another eyeroll for me.

I have zero interest in the type of music Wayne performs, so that's my issue with his inclusion. I would assume that's the issue with most complaints, but I definitely don't remember this kind of backlash playing with Bubba Sparx which is at least a little curious.

Is it possible that's because there wasn't Twitter or Facebook yet in 03? I'm sure there were plenty of people wondering why the fuck they'd tour with Bubba Sparxxx of all people haha.

I think a big part of it though is @Nosferatu's point - when they toured with Bubba Sparxxx or other weird choices they still had the benefit of the doubt from a majority of the fanbase. In a Post-California world they don't and they get scrutinized more when they make moves that people think seem like desperate attempts to stay relevant in the pop music world.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

look, I love Eminem, Beastie Boys, Machine Gun Kelly, Macklemore, Mac Miller, Yelawolf, Post Malone, etc. All the greats. But Lil Wayne just sucks man.

Don't forget half of Cypress Hill.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

look, I love Eminem, Beastie Boys, Machine Gun Kelly, Macklemore, Mac Miller, Yelawolf, Post Malone, etc. All the greats. But Lil Wayne just sucks man.

Lil Wayne from his beginning - Carter 3 was a legit great.  He's the only artist I've ever said "that's the worst line I've ever heard in my life" and "that's the best line I've ever heard in my life" in the same song.

He just fell off after too much fame and lean.