We need to talk about Mark Hoppus (meltdown in progress?)

Scott.

I think the meltdown that followed the tour announcement happened just because it was promoted on social media and even those who never follow blink heard about it. To these people blink and Lil Wayne have nothing to do with each others (understandable) and they just had to show they were shocked by the news by leaving their comments on Twitter/IG/YouTube because that's what people do now - but what they really thought was: "2000's has beens unite!!" and they would never go to these shows anyway.

The PLG meltdown was in a minor scale because Yelawolf did a featuring on an EP that almost nobody outside the inner "super fans" circle had even heard of.

blink-182 and wu-tang clan would have been a cool tour though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elisa said:

blink-182 and wu-tang clan would have been a cool tour though. 

haha seriously, or like Q-Tip, Common, Talib Kweli, Chance The Rapper (got to see him live and it was amazing) I would've gone nuts for an announcement about any of those tour co-headliners. Lil Wayne doesn't do it for me though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

haha seriously, or like Q-Tip, Common, Talib Kweli, Chance The Rapper (got to see him live and it was amazing) I would've gone nuts for an announcement about any of those tour co-headliners. Lil Wayne doesn't do it for me though.

Oh yes, they're all so cool!

They say the comments were racist but I can see Lil Wayne's music played out loud at white people barbecues. 

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So you're saying Lil Wayne is too white of a black person for you? ?

I'm saying that white people like him, so I don't think they were enraged about the tour because he's black. 

During the Carter era so many people I knew used to listen to him, his music was played at parties, stuffs like that. And Lil Wayne is way more commercial than the other rappers we were mentioning with Champ (Q-Tip, Kalib, Common), except for Chance The Rapper, who is still very big now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

So now you're saying all white people are alike?

Don't say I sounded racist, Jan ? I am also very scarred because last summer two people I know very well said a horrifically racist thing to me about a young girl who was behind us at the bar and they were laughing about it like it was the funniest thing in the world. I just froze because I didn't expect to hear that, I didn't even know what to say and I still feel bad that I didn't say anything or punch them. I'm such a whimp :(

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Don't say I sounded racist, Jan ? I am also very scarred because last summer two people I know very well said a horrifically racist thing to me about a young girl who was behind us at the bar and they were laughing about it like it was the funniest thing in the world. I just froze because I didn't expect to hear that, I didn't even know what to say and I still feel bad that I didn't say anything or punch them. I'm such a whimp :(

I apologize. 

People really suck, that's all I'm getting at by agreeing with Ghent, it definitely felt over the top of a reaction on places like YouTube Instagram and Reddit and just because some people barbecue to Lil Wayne doesn't mean there's no racist folks out there who aren't.

I would have punched them. But I went through a period where I never acted negatively too, it's not always the key, people need to be placed sometimes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I apologize. 

People really suck, that's all I'm getting at by agreeing with Ghent, it definitely felt over the top of a reaction on places like YouTube Instagram and Reddit and just because some people barbecue to Lil Wayne doesn't mean there's no racist folks out there who aren't.

I would have punched them. But I went through a period where I never acted negatively too, it's not always the key, people need to be placed sometimes.

It just happened out of the blue and I was so caught off guard. I'm always very vocal about this kind of things so it surprised me that they even said that to me, knowing that I would have never laughed about it.

Yeah. I think you and Ghent are right after all. I was just trying to see why people had that reaction about Lil Wayne and I hope it's because they don't like pop punk mixed with hip hop, but a lot of them are just racists.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

Wait, you being serious?

Do you know how many meltdowns I've seen where the person begins by saying "i love Eminem...but"?

What I heard of Lil Wayne in that WMAA video is that he sounds like a moron. 
And what the hell is Mark thinking dragging the "on me" part at the start of every chorus? Sounds awful. The whole thing sound awful. 

If we're talking hip hop the only american rappers I listen to are Eminem and Kanye.

7 minutes ago, Since88 said:

What I heard of Lil Wayne in that WMAA video is that he sounds like a moron. 
And what the hell is Mark thinking dragging the "on me" part at the start of every chorus? Sounds awful. The whole thing sound awful.

It was a joke promotional video, no need to get out the hood just yet dude