BTD vs. BIOTMY (Which do you prefer?)

Ghent

BTD vs. BIOTMY (Which do you prefer?)  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Which lead single do you prefer?

• Bored to Death
    • Blame it on my Youth

BIOMY, easily. BTD was boring to me the second it started. i recognized the recycled riff, the flanger on trav's drums... the lyrics were outrageously dumb ("rescuing a tiger from a tree / life is too short to last long"), and the double-time drums in the chorus literally made me roll my eyes the first time i heard it. i remember thinking it sounded just like all time low, the production, and being so bummed. the only thing i liked was the bridge, really. but the whole thing is an overpolished, throwback mess.

BIOMY still isn't what i'd prefer but i'm on board with it because i really just like the tune. it's catchy, i think the lyrics look back in a mature fashion, and i really like the production. i think it's a fresh step in a new direction for the band if they're going to go a wildly poppy route. of course i'd rather have tom, trav, and mark creating a mature, progressive followup to untitled but that's never going to happen. at this point, i'm just content with what we have and while i know it isn't right and the songwriters bum me out, i guess BIOMY still has something weirdly blink about it to me that i really dig.

10 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I love Up All Night, but it really was a poor choice for a single.  Should have made Even If She Falls the lead single, think that song could have done very well on the radio. 

I'd go with Natives or Love Is Dangerous but that's just me.  If I really cared about radio probably Wishing Well or After Midnight.

3 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

I'd go with Natives or Love Is Dangerous but that's just me.  If I really cared about radio probably Wishing Well or After Midnight.

After midnight was also a single and didn't do much better than Up All Night, in fact I think it did worse. Wishing Well was like a promo single and got some airplay, but not very much.  Album in all honesty was not great for having songs with radio appeal.  Frankly, Snake Charmer could potentially have been a better performing single for the album and you know something isn't quite right when that's the case. 

26 minutes ago, M!ke said:

After midnight was also a single and didn't do much better than Up All Night, in fact I think it did worse. Wishing Well was like a promo single and got some airplay, but not very much.  Album in all honesty was not great for having songs with radio appeal.  Frankly, Snake Charmer could potentially have been a better performing single for the album and you know something isn't quite right when that's the case. 

to be fair, Neighborhoods had absolutely no label support or push whatsoever, a lot of how the songs performed came from total lack of promotion and marketing, not just how the songs on their own. I agree they're not really radio great songs but if you don't have the marketing behind it they won't get anywhere. 

Neighborhoods is an album I can throw on and randomly dig. Bored to Death was a radio jam that had people who couldn't care less about blink actually tuning in. It was a great feeling hearing cars blasting that tune in the summer randomly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kay said:

to be fair, Neighborhoods had absolutely no label support or push whatsoever, a lot of how the songs performed came from total lack of promotion and marketing, not just how the songs on their own. I agree they're not really radio great songs but if you don't have the marketing behind it they won't get anywhere. 

It's why they left Interscope.

• Like 1

Bored to Death is one of the huge wins of the Skiba-era imo and might honestly be one of my favorite blink singles. I can’t overstate how hyped that song made me for California. I didn’t love the album in the end but I still love that song.

This new song is okay but I don’t love it.