• Bored to Death
    • Blame it on my Youth

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bored to Death has the right balance of melancholy and more upbeat pop that the rest of the album didn't get right. The rest of the album was the summer pop album that blink thought everyone wanted, b

Bored to Death had a lot of redeeming qualities and reminiscent of a blink song.  I genuinely like it to some degree as a mid level blink song.  BIOMY immediately was the worst song ever created.

I’m surprised that people loved BTD but hated the album. To me the whole album is an extension of that song

Id say Bored to Death. Both are nothing special though. Atleast BTD is more Blink sounding. I still think After Midnight couldve done great on the radio. Just soft enough to have mass appeal but with enough edge to be good

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ghent said:

I’m surprised that people loved BTD but hated the album. To me the whole album is an extension of that song

That what people didn’t like about it. Same recycled riffs in every song, whoa-whoas and nanas, etc... It just worked well with BTD, but sounds wayyyy overdone if you listen to the full album.

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

I think they just love it more than BIOMY. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ghent said:

Exactly, they kept repeating it. One song is fine, but it got redundant the same. exact. formula.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, knapton said:

Id say Bored to Death. Both are nothing special though. Atleast BTD is more Blink sounding. I still think After Midnight couldve done great on the radio. Just soft enough to have mass appeal but with enough edge to be good

tooo much real guitar and real singing and real drums

actual successful radio music is so fucken shite. after midnight is no where near a song that'd do well on radio. i listen to that shit every day at work and in the car and even BIOMY won't do well on radio

Bored to Death has the right balance of melancholy and more upbeat pop that the rest of the album didn't get right. The rest of the album was the summer pop album that blink thought everyone wanted, but I always liked it when blink went a little darker, which is also why I loved +44 so much. BTD had that hint of darkness that the rest of the album didn't have imo.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Ghent said:

You can enjoy vanilla ice cream without indulging in an entire gallon of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1