Black Mirror season 5

Scott.

How many times can they do suspended consciousness episodes before their writers get that out of their system? There was hardly even anything interesting about the Ashley Too episode, just a flagrant rehash of every edgy concept they've mustered in past seasons in a very normal setting.

Also, watched the episode with the video game with my sister. Could've passed on that. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I haven’t seen anything yet, but my friend told me it’s the weakest season so far, which makes me sad. And apparently they made the season only three episodes long because they wanted to get it out there faster. Which is exactly what they shouldn’t be doing! They need to take their time with this kind of show.

Honestly as weird as the first one was, it does make you think a bit while you're watching them bang out.  It's not all that interesting but it is something I'd NEVER ever think about so I guess that's something.

Second episode isn't great but at least along the roots of Black Mirror, lesser known actors keep the aura better.

Just the thumbnail of the Miley Cyrus one makes me not want to watch it, everything I hate about Americanization in one picture.. Just self righteous whoring out and ruining honest good content.  Hope it's decent.

Bandersnatch was shit as well, still annoyed by it. Fucking gimmicks. Might move out of the States from Black mirror alone...

The episode about the social network was so fucking cringe. Humanizing the CEO of a shady platform by having him get angry about what it's become, and some dude literally taking a hostage over how addictive not-Facebook is... Christ, they have no nuance whatsoever anymore. Didn't even make sense. 

6 hours ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Honestly as weird as the first one was, it does make you think a bit while you're watching them bang out.  It's not all that interesting but it is something I'd NEVER ever think about so I guess that's something.

Second episode isn't great but at least along the roots of Black Mirror, lesser known actors keep the aura better.

Just the thumbnail of the Miley Cyrus one makes me not want to watch it, everything I hate about Americanization in one picture.. Just self righteous whoring out and ruining honest good content.  Hope it's decent.

Bandersnatch was shit as well, still annoyed by it. Fucking gimmicks. Might move out of the States from Black mirror alone...

Topher Grace and Andrew Scott were the only people this season I DID recognize besides Miley Cyrus of course. Really the main recognizable actors in the series. 

8 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Topher Grace and Andrew Scott were the only people this season I DID recognize besides Miley Cyrus of course. Really the main recognizable actors in the series. 

Lol didn't even realize that was Topher Grace. Damn.

Anthony Mackie is in a lot from the first ep.

18 minutes ago, RebelGirlsUnite said:

Lol didn't even realize that was Topher Grace. Damn.

Anthony Mackie is in a lot from the first ep.

Yeah guess he is eh. I wouldn't have known him outside of the show but I get what you mean. 

I enjoyed episode 2. Was gripped tbh and Andrew Scott’s performance was excellent. I liked that the year was 2018. It’s happening now, people are obsessed  with their phones. I liked the scene with when the two boys were gutted it wasn’t a real gun so the intern wasn’t in any real danger. I’ve done that myself and it’s awful. Like it’s some sort of entertainment. 

7 hours ago, Scott. said:

I enjoyed episode 2. Was gripped tbh and Andrew Scott’s performance was excellent. I liked that the year was 2018. It’s happening now, people are obsessed  with their phones. I liked the scene with when the two boys were gutted it wasn’t a real gun so the intern wasn’t in any real danger. I’ve done that myself and it’s awful. Like it’s some sort of entertainment. 

Andrew Scott was incredible, and I enjoyed some of the side characters. The negotiator who was so nuanced-ly terrible at his job too (loved that guy in Lovesick as well, somewhat decent Netflix watch). It just pissed me off though, they need to do something new and while Andrew Scott's character was dismissive of the rant about how social media had become a monster, it was still frustrating that they displayed it that way.

Fuck me the third episode is the worst black mirror ever. Wtf was that? Didn’t even feel like black mirror. It was so cringe. Hated Miley Cyrus, she’s so unattractive too. 

Ep 1 was visually cool but fucking weird 

Ep 2 was good, great acting and can relate to everything about that episode tbh

Ep 3 can get in the fucking bin

all in all a poor season. 3 episodes is shit and looks like it was rushed imo. Brooker needs to take a break and take his time and come back in 2/3 years with the next season, and stop using fucking big name actors ffs. 

haven't seen the new season yet (and i doubt it'll have any favorites), but in order:

5) USS Callister

4) Fifteen Million Merits

3) Shut Up and Dance

2) Nosedive

1) San Junipero

Season 3 looks like it's shaping up to be the best season overall.