Do you think Tom will rejoin blink? (The 2019 Poll)

Kay

Do you think Tom will rejoin blink? (The 2019 Poll)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Tom will rejoin blink?

• Yes - He'll return and it'll be like one big happy blink family.
    • Yes - but only for a one off show or a last album or some kind of swan song.
    • No - but they'll bridge the gap closer and maybe collaborate in different ways
    • No - There's no way on earth that Tom gets his shit together and Mark lets him anywhere near blink ever again, the recently friendliness is pure marketing bullshit.
    • Yes - but it'll still be a bit of a messy shit show

There's been discussion back and forth on the Tom thread, why not make a poll out of it? 

Gave 2 options for yes and 2 for no as theres' a bit more going on, if you think I'm missing a poll option let me know. 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm not convinced their recent interactions are "marketing" related, but I do not think Mark would let him anywhere near blink again. The only way I see it happening is if Skiba magically bails/gets hit by a bus, and a few years go by of nothing and they decide to reunite for one last hoorah. 

HIT BY A BUS. HIT BY A BUS. HIT BY A BUS!

yeah, he'll rejoin, but it'll be in a few years, and it'll be more nuanced than that. as much as we'd like this band to end, i don't think mark will let it unless they're all just ungodly old. i think tom'll rejoin and they'll be on better terms based on how things have been going lately. maybe with age they will have learned how to talk to each other better about the past. mark will come to grips more with tom's mental state and learn to work with it. after that point, maybe we'll get a couple more blink albums and tours, with varying degrees of quality. i think there will be a back to basics fast punk rock album (not sugary cali type, but more in the vein of go or dude ranch). i think tom and mark will both sound horrific live, and trav will continue to be the saving grace. and i foresee the original trio being inducted into the rock hall sometime in the next 10-15 years without matt.

my curiosity is whether when tom rejoins, because he will, WILL he play matt-era songs? mark keeps talking about how he loves cynical. it'd be so weird to see tom playing BIOMY.

36 minutes ago, boxelder said:

as much as we'd like this band to end, i don't think mark will let it unless they're all just ungodly old.

Why the fuck would you want the band to end?

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'd vote yes, but I don't think it'll be a "big happy family" and I also don't think it'll be a one-time thing.

do you want me to add a "Yes but it'll still be a bit of a messy shit show" option?

I hope they stand by their promise in UC2...make records until people are using them as toilet paper. I think Tom's mental health will improve as he gets older. I'm going with one big happy family.

But they still need a second guitarist and a better singer, so Skiba is necessary imo

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I hope they stand by their promise in UC2...make records until people are using them as toilet paper. I think Tom's mental health will improve as he gets older. I'm going with one big happy family.

But they still need a second guitarist and a better singer, so Skiba is necessary imo

I don't remotely believe it will happen, but it's the option I'd hope for the most. 

46 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Why the fuck would you want the band to end?

increasingly i feel like putting this band to bed might be the best option. i know i liked BIOMY initially, but i think my impression has soured a bit. and you know i wasn't the biggest fan of cali. so the matt era is a no-go for me. if they can make better music when tom comes back i'm all for it, but mark and tom, live, both sound worse beyond their years for no real reason. and their songwriting seems in decline too. part of me just feels like calling it a day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Sounds like you have grown out of blink, boxelder...That's too bad since you know so much about them

i don't think so at all. i love blink. i just think the paths they've taken recently haven't been where i've wanted them to go as a fan. a lot of the fanbase feels like that, hardcore and casual fans alike. i was fine with the new song initially, 'cause i dig that type of banal pop shit, but blink to me rises above that.

• Like 2