Motion City Soundtrack — General Thread

boxelder

6 hours ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

I always really felt like I was missing out with this band, everyone loved 'em and no matter how many times I gave it a go I could never get them to click. Seen them live years and year ago but, yeah, just never found a sweet spot with them.

this is what would be called "an honest response" or "fair criticism."

8 hours ago, Kay said:

easily one of the best performance bands I've seen.

2007 (x2 commit this to memory tour)
2008 (x2 even if it kills me tour)
2010 (x2, two full albums per night tour)
2010 (x2 my dinosaur life tour)
2011 (farewell continental at a bar)
2013 (x2 go tour)
2015 (x2 commit this to memory 10th anniversary tour, meet & greet VIP)
2016 (x2 farewell tour, meet & greet VIP)

and i'd see them again in a heartbeat...

• Like 2

i only got to see them once, on the last commit this to memory 10th anniversary tour, in 2015. and they were fantastic. i've been a huge fan since my dinosaur life, and i know all of the albums front to back about as well as i know the blink albums. they're my no. 2 after blink, though they outshine blink in every aspect imaginable... blink just sits higher for nostalgia purposes, and i think because the music can be easier to digest at times because it can be so formulaic, whereas motion city often almost always goes for "everyone will die, the days will run away before you know it," type content. it can get very depressing very fast lol

• Like 3

Last time I saw mcs wasn’t very good. Not the bands fault by any means as the sound desk kept fucking up and turning off during the set multiple times. Wasn’t able to see them on the commit this to memory tour either so I’d love to get another chance.

11 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i relate to the angst in the lyrics very much (justin and i are the same age).

It's what always pulled me to their music too. A lot of heart, a lot of pain. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

@Scott. did you ever listen to ‘Commit This To Memory’ like you said you would? It’s the up there as the one of the greatest albums of all time. Not even joking. It’s that good. 

Yes it’s absolutely shite. 2 decent songs the rest is turd. Every song sounds the same and I hate the cunts voice 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I do love this song though. Any songs similar to this? 

you might like "Disappear", "The Weakends" or "Bottom Feeder" if you like the darker stuff I guess. Bottom Feeder is a bonus track from that album (which I personally think is better than most of the record). surprised you like that one though tbh, I'm a big fan of that song and I like quiet a lot of that album but it's quite an overlooked one from their catalog. 

if you hate his voice though it's not gonna matter which ones you try, he's the same all the way through it. Not sure what's to really hate about his voice other than it's a slightly higher register than a lot of dudes. 

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Listen to it and then comment. 

I have you fucking clown. I don’t like It. You’re all like beliebers in here it’s fucking embarrassing. Hysterical 14 year old girls because I don’t like them. State of it