Motion City Soundtrack — General Thread

boxelder

if you don't like them I'm not really sure why you're in here a bunch unless you're actually curious and want to like them, other wise you're just pissing on everyones chips. 

56 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I have you fucking clown. I don’t like It. You’re all like beliebers in here it’s fucking embarrassing. Hysterical 14 year old girls because I don’t like them. State of it 

I think they're alright to be honest, not as amazing as others say but certainly not as bad as you're saying, think you need to calm down son. 

Not sure why you're so angry about it?

Just now, Kay said:

if you don't like them I'm not really sure why you're in here a bunch unless you're actually curious and want to like them, other wise you're just pissing on everyones chips. 

Poor bloke has absolutely nothing better to do with his time. Quite sad really. Would almost feel sorry for him if he wasn’t such a knob.

Would love to see them live now. It’s really easy to interact with Justin over social media and he told me to meet him at a show someday. I liked some of Justin’s music, but I could never get into it like MCS. Hopefully they’re in the Pittsburgh area if they tour because no one ever wants to go to West Virginia unless it’s a country artist.

44 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

...that all of pop punk was doing for a while in the early 2000s. I never liked that style. 

i haven't heard much else from that era, so i can't say. but MCS was certainly an originator, and not an imitator, of that sound. 1000 paper cranes was written in the late 90s, as were all the other tracks from their first album.

the earliest motion city EP releases come off as an unabashed get up kids tribute. but once they added the moog, the banded headed off in a completely unique direction.

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i haven't heard much else from that era, so i can't say. but MCS was certainly an originator, and not an imitator, of that sound. 1000 paper cranes was written in the late 90s, as were all the other tracks from their first album.

the earliest motion city EP releases come off as an unabashed get up kids tribute. but once they added the moog, the banded headed off in a completely unique direction.

Which is fine, I'm not implying they copied a sound or anything, it's just a style I never cared for and 2000s pop punk is my only real reference point for it.

• Like 1