Neighborhoods is a great collection of songs, but a pretty bad album

M!ke

Have to agree with Ghent LID would def NOT be at the top of the pile of Cali songs. That POS is one of the worst things Tom has have ever done. Write up there with that cheesy AVA song where the chorus goes “did you know, that I love you?” Over and over and over. Trash.

• Like 2

@M!ke the weird thing with Neighborhoods for me is that the songs I dislike/like are constantly rotating. 

I used to always skip GOTD, thought it was just a meh AVA ripoff, but a couple of weeks ago I thoroughly enjoyed it and had an epiphany about it lol.  I also use to love Wishing Well, but on this same listen the chorus' awful lyrics triggered me from cringe.  

MH, Fighting the Gravity and Love is Dangerous are permanent skippers for me though.  Oh and Snake Charmer, awful song. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Anyone else's eyes reflexively blur as soon as they saw Mike's wall of text in the first post?

I know, reading is tough.  Stick to it though, and you can make it through those 3 paragraphs.  I promise I don't use any words beyond that which a 4th grader would understand.  I believe in you!

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

I know, reading is tough.  Stick to it though, and you can make it through those 3 paragraphs.  I promise I don't use any words beyond that which a 4th grader would understand.  I believe in you!

I like your spirit, but the issue is not the length of the post or your 4th-grade vocabulary (nice self-own, by the way).

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I like your spirit, but the issue is not the length of the post or your 4th-grade vocabulary (nice self-own, by the way).

Your eyes just can't handle so many words together?  Not much of a reader in general then?  Should I have put a break between every sentence for you?  And hey, ya gotta know your audience, I'd write at a college level if I knew most people here could actually engage with that.

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Your eyes just can't handle so many words together?  Not much of a reader in general then?  Should I have put a break between every sentence for you?

Follow the trail of bread crumbs, Michael. As I just said, the issue is not the length or the vocabulary. That means it must be...

Spoiler

you.

shymalan-featured.jpg&q=90&w=650&zc=1

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

Follow the trail of bread crumbs, Michael. As I just said, the issus is not the length or the vocabulary. That means it must be...

Hide contents

you.

shymalan-featured.jpg&q=90&w=650&zc=1

Lol, so your issue with the wall of text is simply me then.  So why even mention the wall of text at all?  Just say "oh boy a Mike thread, not interested."  Don't make it about the amount that I've written if that itself isn't the problem.  Please be more clear from the start with your criticism next time and we can avoid such pointless banter.

For me it was because it took you several paragraphs to just say "the songs are good, but don't work together as a cohesive album, unlike the earlier records". 

I can't judge or comment though, because I constantly go on lengthly paragraphs about nothing in particular. 

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

For me it was because it took you several paragraphs to just say "the songs are good, but don't work together as a cohesive album, unlike the earlier records". 

I can't judge or comment though, because I constantly go on lengthly paragraphs about nothing in particular. 

Well I elaborated in hopes of sparking discussion.  If I said just that, there wouldn't be as much to draw points from and agree or disagree with.  But maybe that's on me for wanting this place to be more active in blink discussions again that aren't just about Skiba, Feldy, or whatever the hell Tom is doing these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Lol, so your issue with the wall of text is simply me then.  So why even mention the wall of text at all?  Just say "oh boy a Mike thread, not interested."  Don't make it about the amount that I've written if that itself isn't the problem.  Please be more clear from the start with your criticism next time and we can avoid such pointless banter.

Had you made your point concisely and written just a sentence or two, I would have picked up on the gist even from a quick glance.

Just now, Kay said:

Basically this. Too many bad experiences from past Mike posts cause my eyes to react instinctually now.

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Well I elaborated in hopes of sparking discussion.  If I said just that, there wouldn't be as much to draw points from and agree or disagree with.  But maybe that's on me for wanting this place to be more active in blink discussions again that aren't just about Skiba, Feldy, or whatever the hell Tom is doing these days.

I'm not against sparking discussion and I would like to see more general conversation that isn't just blame game or name calling but ultimately you made a thread for a kind of tired thought and discussion that most of us have already had. I'd have absolutely no issue if you'd posted the same thought in a short paragraph on the general topic and I would have agreed with you and weighed in. 

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm not against sparking discussion and I would like to see more general conversation that isn't just blame game or name calling but ultimately you made a thread for a kind of tired thought and discussion that most of us have already had. I'd have absolutely no issue if you'd posted the same thought in a short paragraph on the general topic and I would have agreed with you and weighed in. 

I mean you still can.  Its pretty easy to skim those 3 paragraphs for any person that simply can't be bothered to read that much.  And you can still be critical of the length of the post and also still engage in the conversation.  I certainly hope that just the length of my post doesn't turn you off from discussing it entirely, especially since you clearly have read enough of it to know what my main points were.