FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019

Scott.

24 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I'd rather live in a ground-hog day scenario where I watch KD and Russ leave over and over again than care about soccer.  

These girls train their whole lives for this moment and it's a much bigger deal than an American league run by billionaire's pockets, and I love basketball, but that's what it is. Guys half ass half the season and play for the money. Basketball is my favorite sport but it can't compare to a world cup event.

6 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

at least our sports can't end in ties.

Ooooooooooo burn!

More people in the world watch Table Tennis and Volleyball than your sports, pretty embarrassing stuff.

They might be massive in America but the rest of the world doesn't really care when you compare how many fans there are for American sports to football and even cricket for that matter.

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Some hillbilly shit no doubt 

Hillbillies here hate basketball, they like Nascar, wrestling, hot dog eating contests, and sometimes football.

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

at least our sports can't end in ties.

Come on man.. Hockey, US football, and even baseball can all end in ties now just rare.

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They might be massive in America but the rest of the world doesn't really care when you compare how many fans there are for American sports to football and even cricket for that matter.

US basketball has a pretty big international following and baseball brings in lots of international players but I get your point.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Ooooooooooo burn!

More people in the world watch Table Tennis and Volleyball than your sports, pretty embarrassing stuff.

You do realize that possibly the single biggest reason that football/soccer is as big as it is, is based on how anyone can play it, right? In other words, it just requires a ball and nothing else really. That's not a slight against the sport by any means - but to discredit American sports based on football's popularity isn't really a good point to make. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Ooooooooooo burn!

Not many sports can compare to cricket when you’ve got a billion Indians following it haha