FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019

Scott.

These women are making an ass out of themselves with this "equal pay" crap, as if it had anything to do with sexism rather than plain economics. Like with all left-wingies, the pay demands are purely selfish while pretending their aim is "justice". Of course, women soccer players making less than men is justice, not because of their gender but because they bring in less revenue (or have simply agreed to different contracts).

There was actually a ruling on this matter in Finland by the Ombudsman for Equality. The ruling found that disparities in compensation, even if superficially discriminatory, are justified because the men's national team actually brings in the revenue that subsidizes the loss-making women's team.

• Like 2

They can fuck off with their equal pay. The men would fucking batter the women about 30-0 and I’m not over exaggerating. I honestly don’t even think the women would have a shot on target 

i did enjoy the games I saw though and they’re nowhere as bad as I though and fair play to them but the whole equal pay thing is mental and the lefty cunts on twitter are eating it up as usual. 

Its like saying a player for Oldham Athletic should be paid the same as Cristiano Ronaldo. Both playing football ain’t they ? thick cunts 

52 minutes ago, MSandt said:

These women are making an ass out of themselves with this "equal pay" crap, as if it had anything to do with sexism rather than plain economics. Like with all left-wingies, the pay demands are purely selfish while pretending their aim is "justice". Of course, women soccer players making less than men is justice, not because of their gender but because they bring in less revenue (or have simply agreed to different contracts).

There was actually a ruling on this matter in Finland by the Ombudsman for Equality. The ruling found that disparities in compensation, even if superficially discriminatory, are justified because the men's national team actually brings in the revenue that subsidizes the loss-making women's team.

I like how you write about earning revenue as if it operates in a vacuum and there are absolutely no social influences. Economic outcomes are never affected by societal attitudes!

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

They can fuck off with their equal pay. The men would fucking batter the women about 30-0 and I’m not over exaggerating. I honestly don’t even think the women would have a shot on target 

i did enjoy the games I saw though and they’re nowhere as bad as I though and fair play to them but the whole equal pay thing is mental and the lefty cunts on twitter are eating it up as usual. 

Its like saying a player for Oldham Athletic should be paid the same as Cristiano Ronaldo. Both playing football ain’t they ? thick cunts 

GrXtWxq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I like how you write about earning revenue as if it operates in a vacuum and there are absolutely no social influences. Economic outcomes are never affected by societal attitudes!

So is it sexist if people don't find women's soccer as fun to watch as men's? 

And even if people didn't watch women's soccer because everyone is a proper misogynist, that still wouldn't justify equal pay. Start bringing in the revenue, then we'll start talking.

31 minutes ago, Scott. said:

And pretty sure deep down they know they're on the wrong side of the argument, but they keep riling up the gullible social media crowd nevertheless to get what they want (and don't deserve).

Just now, MSandt said:

So is it sexist if people don't find women's soccer as fun to watch as men's? 

And even if people didn't watch women's soccer because everyone is a proper misogynist, that still wouldn't justify equal pay. Start bringing in the revenue, then we'll start talking.

No, it's not inherently sexist to prefer men's soccer, but it's hard to make a fair comparison when men's soccer receives- and always has received- more support and promotion. And let's not pretend that there aren't MLS teams that are losing money. Men's teams are given more time to get on their feet and more chances to succeed before they're considered economic failures.

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

No, it's not inherently sexist to prefer men's soccer, but it's hard to make a fair comparison when men's soccer receives- and always has received- more support and promotion. And let's not pretend that there aren't MLS teams that are losing money. Men's teams are given more time to get on their feet and more chances to succeed before they're considered economic failures.

The men's league probably has more patience with failing franchises because they can afford it better.

In the current state the only way to implement equal pay (which, of course, means more money for women rather than less money for men) is either to bankrupt the women's league or have men subsidize women's salaries. How would the latter kind of welfare be good for equality?

I understand waiting for attitudes to change can feel slow and tedious but radicalism will only alienate even the more reasonable segments of society.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MSandt said:

The men's league probably has more patience with failing franchises because they can afford it better.

In the current state the only way to implement equal pay (which, of course, means more money for women rather than less money for men) is either to bankrupt the women's league or have men subsidize women's salaries. How would the latter kind of welfare be good for equality?

I understand waiting for attitudes to change can feel slow and tedious but radicalism will only alienate even the more reasonable segments of society.

I don't think the USWNT is calling for NWSL players to be paid the same as MLS players. It's about how USSF pays and otherwise supports their national teams, so no leagues need to go bankrupt and men wouldn't need to subsidize any raises since the women's team brings in about the same revenue (possibly a little more). I realize their contracts are different and that makes it harder to compare, but if there is a discrepancy in overall support and compensation, it should be rectified.