E3 2019

Melty Mark

I loved the Zombies modes on Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2 (haven't played the newer ones) but as someone who's pretty much always stuck with Nintendo consoles it's been hard to really get into and big shooters because Nintendo doesn't usually get them. I think it's crazy that Nintendo hasn't made another multiplayer Metroid Prime shooter, like Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS. That could be super fun on a modern console.

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Whoa, I didn’t hear about Elden Ring but Martin + Miyazaki sounds like an amazing combo.

I’m so excited for Animal Crossing. As much as I’ve always loved it I’ve also always felt like there isn’t enough to do in it and this new one fixes that. I got Breath of the Wild on the Wii U so I never felt like I desperately needed a Switch but I need one now.

I watched a play through video of Animal Crossing and it's truly adorable. 

• Like 1

DrDisrespect, one of the biggest streamers on twitch, was doing a IRL stream at E3 and made it into the bathroom somehow and kept filming. Apparently that violates Twitch's terms of service and his account got banned LMAO.

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Botw2 looks so good. Stoked to get a chance to play Witcher 3 on my switch as I’ve never played it before. Pokemon news is disappointing. Nintendo needs to take it away from gamefreak.

I think Pokémon is just a machine at this point. Nothing about it is all that interesting and they keep adding mechanics that don't really make the game better.

But until they don't make money (and this game will most definitely), why would Nintendo change it? It's a huge cash cow for them.

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I loved the Zombies modes on Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2 (haven't played the newer ones) but as someone who's pretty much always stuck with Nintendo consoles it's been hard to really get into and big shooters because Nintendo doesn't usually get them. I think it's crazy that Nintendo hasn't made another multiplayer Metroid Prime shooter, like Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS. That could be super fun on a modern console.

you mean federation force?

also can we do Animal Crossing online here? I'd love to live in a blink 182online town/island.

15 hours ago, ungroovy said:

I will also need to try out Eldin Ring. George RR Martin AND Miyazaki? Absurd. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that game is going to totally suck. the expectation for it to automatically good makes me think it won't reach those levels. That being said I fucking hate Dark Souls so I wouldn't enjoy it either way.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

I think Pokémon is just a machine at this point. Nothing about it is all that interesting and they keep adding mechanics that don't really make the game better.

But until they don't make money (and this game will most definitely), why would Nintendo change it? It's a huge cash cow for them.

Its a yearly franchise at this point, with each new installment only taking baby steps forward. Crazy all the tiers it now has to keep games coming indefinitely: core entries, 3rd entries/sequels/enhanced versions, classic remakes, and now those Let's Go adaptations. 

They should have all their teams come together, take all the time they need and make one epic open world game. They have hints of an open world in these new entries, so they're clearly heading in that direction, they just seem so afraid to ever go all-in on these new ideas that really will push the franchise forward and could truly reinvigorate the series.  But i think i get it, playing it safe continues to be a cash cow all these years later. 

31 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Its a yearly franchise at this point, with each new installment only taking baby steps forward. Crazy all the tiers it now has to keep games coming indefinitely: core entries, 3rd entries/sequels/enhanced versions, classic remakes, and now those Let's Go adaptations. 

They should have all their teams come together, take all the time they need and make one epic open world game. They have hints of an open world in these new entries, so they're clearly heading in that direction, they just seem so afraid to ever go all-in on these new ideas that really will push the franchise forward and could truly reinvigorate the series.  But i think i get it, playing it safe continues to be a cash cow all these years later. 

Let's Go are now the classic remakes right. Since the 3DS is pretty much done, it's all switch and mobile from now on. S/S are the new core titles too. So really, it's one every year I imagine. Like next fall/winter will be remakes of silver/gold?

18 hours ago, Kay said:

Basically all the announced games so far make me skeptical. I'm pissed there's no real news on elder scrolls 6, and the only thing I'm definitely getting is Gears 5 but that's just from loving the series, couldn't care less for the trailer. 

i am so confused by Gears....they're dropping "War" from the titles now and is the new game just a multiplayer type game?

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Like next fall/winter will be remakes of silver/gold?

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, i’d say, since Ruby and Sapphire were the last remakes and with the Switch there is no longer any backward compatibility with DPPt.

Honestly, I think as one of the biggest entertainment franchises worldwide (and the biggest video game franchise worldwide), Pokémon has at least a decade left in it at this point. As long as there are kids aged 6-12 willing to play it, it’ll survive. 

I would say at least 50 years honestly. The amount of nostalgia that can be mined here is like Star Wars, almost never ending. They can "remake" games over and over, create newer version with more features (very, very slowly), and introduce new customers, rinse and repeat until that well is fully dry.

Pokémon is a 25 year old game that has made more money than any other IP out there. It's gonna be king for a while. Especially when there are toys, games, films, tvshows, etc all coming out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

hopefully this funds more Metroid and Wario games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

There is some real black lash this time around though about the fact you can’t bring all your previous mons into the game. The treehouse videos dislikes outnumber the likes, it was trending on both US and Japanese twitter and especially since Masuda said it’s because they are rushing the game to have it out I don’t think the hate is gonna get any quieter. 

7 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

you mean federation force?

also can we do Animal Crossing online here? I'd love to live in a blink 182online town/island.

I forgot about Federation Force! But no, I meant Metroid Prime Hunters for the original DS. That was a super fun multiplayer shooter back in the day. Though I recently tried to play it again (single player because the online service is no longer supported) and holy shit the controls are terrible.

And I'd love to do some kind of group Animal Crossing thing here. Not sure how the game works, but at the very least we should be able to visit each other, right?