E3 2019

Melty Mark

11 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Let's Go are now the classic remakes right. Since the 3DS is pretty much done, it's all switch and mobile from now on. S/S are the new core titles too. So really, it's one every year I imagine. Like next fall/winter will be remakes of silver/gold?

No, Diamond and Pearl are expected to get traditional remakes next, while Johto will likely be next to get the Let's Go treatment but that will probably be after diamond and Pearl. Think of Let's Go as what each gen will get for their second sets of remakes. Could be wrong, but this makes sense given that they don't want the core experience to turn into Let's Go, but for Let's Go to instead be a side series.

7 minutes ago, M!ke said:

No, Diamond and Pearl are expected to get traditional remakes next, while Johto will likely be next to get the Let's Go treatment but that will probably be after diamond and Pearl. Think of Let's Go as what each gen will get for their second sets of remakes. Could be wrong, but this makes sense given that they don't want the core experience to turn into Let's Go, but for Let's Go to instead be a side series.

I think there’s a very good chance the next games will be Let’s go Johto rather than sinnoh remakes. It seems a likely pattern they will follow would be let’s go style then traditional then let’s go again etc. Keeps the long time fans happy and the new fans happy.

And I know you don’t agree with it, but you gotta remember Gamefreak does consider the Let’s go games as core main  series titles. Not spin offs or side games.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I think there’s a very good chance the next games will be Let’s go Johto rather than sinnoh remakes. It seems a likely pattern they will follow would be let’s go style then traditional then let’s go again etc. Keeps the long time fans happy and the new fans happy.

And I know you don’t agree with it, but you gotta remember Gamefreak does consider the Let’s go games as core main  series titles. Not spin offs or side games.

Perhaps Johto gets Let's Go games before the Sinnoh remakes.  But proper remakes are definitely not disappearing.  If you follow Gamefreak and all their vairious interviews, you'll know that they're aware of the divide that Let's Go brings, they know that the more hardcore fans still prefer proper wild battles, hold items, full pokedex, etc., and while the core entries will give us that, those that have been waiting for Diamond and Pearl to get their proper remakes that the first three gens have had would be pissed if those remakes never came and instead years later gen 4 only got Let's Go editions.  No, gen 4 will get proper remakes, and then years later when the Let's Go games have caught up, they'll also get Let's Go games too.  This just seems like the clear model they've established that will help them maximize on making money on the series.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they find a third way to remake Gen 1 down the line as well and add that kind of game to the mix that every gen can eventually receive as well.

I'll agree that Let's Go are a type of main games, but they're just another tier to the yearly establishment, that behave differently given how every main game moving forward always was compatible with the complete Pokedex established int he game before it except for Let's Go.  That fact alone makes these games different.  A main tier for sure, part of the rotating yearly structure for sure, but not really the same as while we should expect to be able to battle between Sword and Shield with the next set of core games (be they proper remakes of gen 4 or gen 9), but not battle with the Let's Go games given simple things like the inability to use things like hold items.  So I guess how I view them is, the Let's Go titles are indeed mainline games, part of the yearly rotation that they now have 4 tiers of games to cycle through, but I don't view them as the core games that have more interaction together and clearly continue with a majority of the mechanics of the last core entry before it.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Perhaps Johto gets Let's Go games before the Sinnoh remakes.  But proper remakes are definitely not disappearing.  If you follow Gamefreak and all their vairious interviews, you'll know that they're aware of the divide that Let's Go brings, they know that the more hardcore fans still prefer proper wild battles, hold items, full pokedex, etc., and while the core entries will give us that, those that have been waiting for Diamond and Pearl to get their proper remakes that the first three gens have had would be pissed if those remakes never came and instead years later gen 4 only got Let's Go editions.  No, gen 4 will get proper remakes, and then years later when the Let's Go games have caught up, they'll also get Let's Go games too.  This just seems like the clear model they've established that will help them maximize on making money on the series.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they find a third way to remake Gen 1 down the line as well and add that kind of game to the mix that every gen can eventually receive as well.

I'll agree that Let's Go are a type of main games, but they're just another tier to the yearly establishment, that behave differently given how every main game moving forward always was compatible with the complete Pokedex established int he game before it except for Let's Go.  That fact alone makes these games different.  A main tier for sure, part of the rotating yearly structure for sure, but not really the same as while we should expect to be able to battle between Sword and Shield with the next set of core games (be they proper remakes of gen 4 or gen 9), but not battle with the Let's Go games given simple things like the inability to use things like hold items.  So I guess how I view them is, the Let's Go titles are indeed mainline games, part of the yearly rotation that they now have 4 tiers of games to cycle through, but I don't view them as the core games that have more interaction together and clearly continue with a majority of the mechanics of the last core entry before it.

Oh yeah I totally believe there will be a traditional Sinnoh remake. I just think it’ll come after lets go johto.

Your argument about the Pokédex makes no sense now though. Sword and shield are not compatible with the national Pokédex. Masuda said this at E3. So just like how let’s go had the kanto awe regional dex, sword and shield have galar regional dex and that’s it. Sword and Shield are not compatible with the dex before it so then there the same as let’s go in that regard.

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

There is some real black lash this time around though about the fact you can’t bring all your previous mons into the game. The treehouse videos dislikes outnumber the likes, it was trending on both US and Japanese twitter and especially since Masuda said it’s because they are rushing the game to have it out I don’t think the hate is gonna get any quieter. 

Yeah I've heard... I'm kind of not really in the circles that would find this issue rage inducing, but honestly having to make 800+ animations for the game would be kind of laborious and I get why they haven't done so. It's so hard to balance a game like that. Also, it gives the opportunity for newer pokemon to shine(y).

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Oh yeah I totally believe there will be a traditional Sinnoh remake. I just think it’ll come after lets go johto.

Your argument about the Pokédex makes no sense now though. Sword and shield are not compatible with the national Pokédex. Masuda said this at E3. So just like how let’s go had the kanto awe regional dex, sword and shield have galar regional dex and that’s it. Sword and Shield are not compatible with the dex before it so then there the same as let’s go in that regard.

Hmm, hadn't seen the Pokedex news, that is interesting.  But, I really wouldn't be surprised if missing past Pokemon not yet in the game eventually become transferable via updates in the future (not unlike Pokemon Go).  Perhaps not, but that would seem in line with what we're seeing.  Regardless, the hold-item thing is the far bigger red flag of compatibility of the Let's Go series and zeroing in on exactly how it fits with the other entries.  You may be able to transfer Pokemon from Let's Go to core games, but you'll never be able to battle a core game with a Let's Go game, so that alone will always be a factor that distinguishes it from the other mainline entries.