Worst part of being a Blink fan?

Meltdown Tracker

For me it's that Not Now is probably my favourite song of theirs and it was right before the breakup. That was peak Blink, at least instrumentally and production-wise. They would have been on borrowed time with Jerry Finn passing, but we still missed an album or two of that music going forward. There is the chance that Tom would have AvA'd the music at some point, but even prime AvA with Travis and Mark sounds like it could have been great. 

The delays and drama are obviously shitty too, and potentially the direction of the band. 

• Like 1

honestly probably just disappointment once 2004, and it’s tough to say that since the cali era since they’re definitely back to being an active band again. but most of the fan base feels like the matt era has been awkward and weird too, so from my perspective, for 15 years straight it’s been a little disappointing.

04 — breakup 

05-08 — nothing

09-14 — forced, awkward reunion and stilted “comeback”

15-19 — band that relies on songwriters and new member that relies on teleprompters

• Like 5

No studio version of their A Letter to Elise cover like Another Girl Another Planet.

And them breaking up at their peak. I honestly believe the 2005-2006 album would've topped the smiley face album if they could fix their issues. Could've been the biggest rock band in the world at the time. Like Foo Fighters/Coldplay of the 2000s. Everything Tom had envisioned for AVA was on the verge of happening with blink IMO.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

No studio version of their A Letter to Elise cover like Another Girl Another Planet.

And them breaking up at their peak. I honestly believe the 2005-2006 album would've topped the smiley face album if they could fix their issues. Could've been the biggest rock band in the world at the time. Like Foo Fighters/Coldplay of the 2000s. Everything Tom had envisioned for AVA was on the verge of happening with blink IMO.

Easily.  Self Titled was near flawless but it was their first go at it (experimenting).  Considering how great Mark's writing was on +44 and how solid of tracks Tom was still capable of on the first AVA album (Adventure, It Hurts, Distraction, The War) there's no reason to believe they couldn't have made an equally great album.

Here's Your Letter might be Mark's best imo, but +44 was on that same level of lyrics and songwriting.

• Like 2