New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

So I have to say, I'm a bit confused by the strategy of releasing a song to the radio as a single, and as it's still climbing the charts, releasing another song WITH A VIDEO...Is this normal? Does it mean this song is expected to be more of an online thing, not a radio song?

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

So I have to say, I'm a bit confused by the strategy of releasing a song to the radio as a single, and as it's still climbing the charts, releasing another song WITH A VIDEO...Is this normal? Does it mean this song is expected to be more of an online thing, not a radio song?

blink bashing aside, I'm genuinely very confused over their behaviour as of late. it all seems a bit all over the place. 

• Like 3

Other artists are doing this too though.

My girl T-Swift, still climbing the charts with Me, just released a huge music video for another song. But the new one seems like something meant more to go viral online than to get played on the radio.

Kind of think that's the strategy on this with blink?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think Taylor Swift is a bad example. She released a music video for Me and you need to calm down. You need to calm down is just the second single off her album coming out in a month. It’s Taylor Swift so every song she releases is a radio hit.

• Like 1

I think it's going to absolutely kick ass and bring everybody together for once! I have high expectations... the first video, the song they're launching right before tour, and Mark couldn't even contain his excitement of it over a month ago...  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Other artists are doing this too though.

My girl T-Swift, still climbing the charts with Me, just released a huge music video for another song. But the new one seems like something meant more to go viral online than to get played on the radio.

Kind of think that's the strategy on this with blink?

But that was a proper single release, video, guest vocalist, etc. same goes for her new single, that just seems like she's releasing a lot of singles in a short time span because her record is out soon.

Blinks album has no announced release date, name, anything. we don't even know if BIOMY is even on it, and as a single it hasn't really been promoted or touched. whole thing seems a bit weird. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

But that was a proper single release, video, guest vocalist, etc. same goes for her new single, that just seems like she's releasing a lot of singles in a short time span because her record is out soon.

Blinks album has no announced release date, name, anything. we don't even know if BIOMY is even on it, and as a single it hasn't really been promoted or touched. whole thing seems a bit weird. 

Maybe Blame It On My Youth was just a shitty joke song and they released it to fuck with fans.

Blink trolling before dropping a great album.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

But she just announced the new album with this second single.

Maybe blink will do the same with this one? And that's more of the point of the second single?

17 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Maybe Blame It On My Youth was just a shitty joke song and they released it to fuck with fans.

Blink trolling before dropping a great album.

This would be brilliant 

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

But she just announced the new album with this second single.

Maybe blink will do the same with this one? And that's more of the point of the second single?

That's what I've been assuming but Friday seems pretty soon to announce all of that compared to what they've said in recent interviews. I hope that's the case though!

18 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Tomorrow morning or Friday? 

Tomorrow morning. It will probably leak because it will be scheduled for midnight on Friday on streaming services, but that’s tomorrow morning in New Zealand.

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Tomorrow morning. It will probably leak because it will be scheduled for midnight on Friday on streaming services, but that’s tomorrow morning in New Zealand.

Doubt it. Probably won't get it until Friday morning, I'm betting they have a Youtube video schedule release then it'll go on streaming services after.