New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

24 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Jason Tate is pretty damn credible. If he’s heard it and is saying it’s 49 seconds then it probably is

Yea Jason Tate is as reliable as it gets in the pop punk industry lol. He’s arguable the most well know “journalist” in the genre, at least not including the mainstream news sources. How can you call Absolute Punk some weird forum.

He hears all new music weeks before it comes out.

• Like 2

I got so excited when I heard that clip but now all this talk of 49 seconds has me so bummed.  If the first good song they put out in years is only 49 seconds, man thats a tough one to take.

Also, why does it sound like its a shitty mp3 file downloaded from Kazaa in 2002. Please tell me thats not how it sounds

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

He said it first, but Jason later confirmed it.

Shit yeh just saw that at the end, still i cant beleive they would do that, the blink fan base is already on there backs to tease us with a new song at it be 49 seconds would be a joke however good it may be

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention how this could explain how there could be two songs before tour. This little promo song to announce the album and then a full song next Friday. That’s my guess.

55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I wish this was gonna be a full length song too. It sounds too good to be only 49 seconds.

Mark did say we’re getting two songs before the tour so obviously this is just a little tide over until the next single is released next week.

• Like 1

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

It all started with that Zeke guy randomly saying “The only people who know it’s less than 1 minute long are on chorus.fm, watch reddit Friday.”

Then the brandonbandguy said “Sounds great, hopefully it’s not 49 seconds”

...then spreads from there. Someone asked the Jason Tate guy (sorry, never heard of him and haven’t heard AbsolutePunk in yearssss) how confident he was on a 1-100 scale and he said “182 sure”... which could easily be a troll. 

We’ll see, not gonna lose sleep on it. 

“Pretty confident in it being 49 seconds long.” - Jason Tate

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Not everything has to be a grand adventure through the world of sound. There's no time limit to music, sometimes you say what you want to say and you get the fuck out. That doesn't mean every song should be that but it also doesn't mean a song can't be short and sweet. Also, jingles are some of the hardest to write, you have to be short, informative and catchy. That's why jingle writers make hood money. I challenge you to write one for this board.

At 49 seconds, you just need to hit a few chords on the guitar, and just blah blah blah a couple times into a microphone. Its fairly easy to do.

Songs that are 3-4 minutes, need verses, choruses, melodies, etc.

My enthusiasm for this "song" just dropped to zero. What a cock tease.

• Like 3

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

At 49 seconds, you just need to hit a few chords on the guitar, and just blah blah blah a couple times into a microphone. Its fairly easy to do.

Songs that are 3-4 minutes, need verses, choruses, melodies, etc.

My enthusiasm for this "song" just dropped to zero. What a cock tease.

Okay, so do it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2