New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

14 minutes ago, Broken English said:

It’s boring because it’s completely unoriginal, uninspired, and a waste of time. Calling the song boring is not a reflection on me, it has nothing to do with “being able to focus”. Moron. 

Hey, whatever you wanna tell yourself waterhead.

23 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

If you can't focus enough to get through a 49 second song (with a high bpm, mind you) then you need Ritalin. It's one thing to not like the song, sure whatever but to be bored in under a minute, the issue isn't the song.

Fast doesn't automatically mean it's interesting. 

• Like 3

after listening this song like 50 times it makes you think that Mark and Matt are definetly capable of writing a good music together, it sounds so close to what everyone expect them to sound, but at the same time it makes you angry that they choose to write a stupid cheesy pop songs about youth, drinking, parking lots, xanax and whatever crap to attrack a young audience. fucking two grown man at this point of thier career should give a big fuck you to the world and record some great music. this song could be a giant progression from neighbourhoods, like modern version of "Hearts All Gone", but miles better. and what they did? fucked it up big time again. man, they read all the reaction from fans, they see all the comments, they know exactly what fans want but they choose to bend over and write a piece of shit music. i know it's only a 49 sec song, but it is for the very first time sounds like blink 182 version with Skiba. i bet it took them like 5 minutes to write this song but Mark finaly sounds like himself, its not overproduced, its good. i just don't understand what the fuck.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

mark matt and feldman are wasting tons of potentialy great idea by making them sound so "candy" and "glossy" and "pop"

they r selling their soul to make a quick buck and its disucsting

this guy made a better version than the band itself, thats realy not good

This little cover is cool!

7 hours ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Well, you like the shitty ass Beatles.

most people who espouse such a view ("the beatles suck") are simply being wacky contrarians for the sake of it. i know, i used to be one of them.

the beatles are like the mona lisa. the mona lisa is, objectively, a really, really good portrait. but what it has become in the public eye—a sort of shorthand for ALL of western art—makes people who are serious and/or knowledgeable about art kind of throw up in their mouths. but that reflex doesn't make the mona lisa a bad painting. nor the beatles a bad band.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reg said:

Having opinions on sound and production is valid. You can say shit sounds good or not. Its an opinion. Some of us arent eating up everything blink leaves behind. Fuck that. 

Oh trust me, I get it, I criticize the same thing. It's the prefacing everything with "let me tell you, I had a 10 year career from my mom's basement studying extensive techniques of music production through YouTube and want to make sure you know that I know more than you"  or the infamous Diddy Faplord "Trust me, I'm a drummer, TRUST ME I'm a drummer" that gets annoying.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NJanSaid said:

Oh trust me, I get it, I criticize the same thing. It's the prefacing everything with "let me tell you, I had a 10 year career from my mom's basement studying extensive techniques of music production through YouTube and want to make sure you know that I know more than you"  or the infamous Diddy Faplord "Trust me, I'm a drummer, TRUST ME I'm a drummer" that gets annoying.

Haha yeah i get it. But it makes the conversation fun!

15 minutes ago, NJanSaid said:

When a lot of members of a music forum are musicians it's kind of inevitable, of course we notice and care about these things - it's all an aspect of our core interests. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

most people who espouse such a view ("the beatles suck") are simply being wacky contrarians for the sake of it. i know, i used to be one of them.

the beatles are like the mona lisa. the mona lisa is, objectively, a really, really good portrait. but what it has become in the public eye—a sort of shorthand for ALL of western art—makes people who are serious and/or knowledgeable about art kind of throw up in their mouths. but that reflex doesn't make the mona lisa a bad painting. nor the beatles a bad band.

That's an easy dismissal, don't you think. man? I hate the Beatles so that automatically means I'm just being a contrarian? I just think the Beatles have one great album (Meet the Beatles) and the rest is crap, especially the the acid era.