New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

Little bit disappointed that the Skiba vocal sounds like that on the proper mix and it wasn't just a terrible rip. I get the feeling they were going for a kind of megaphone effect but it's just too overpowering to the rest of song during that part, would of def been better being a bit lower in the mix and him singing it a little bit more rather than fucking shouting constantly as well #blink-182onlineproducer

I do like the music though, the drums are cool and the guitar is basic but sounds good. The little lead riff in the verse sounds great as well, it's only 4 or 5 notes but it just blends into the song nicely and sounds better than a lot of the unimaginative repetitive lead parts on California. I also like Marks vocal part and how it carries on throughout, just wish Skiba sounded better when he came in over the top of it. 

The length doesn't bother me overly but it does seem odd to make such a big deal about releasing a 49 second interlude track. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Little bit disappointed that the Skiba vocal sounds like that on the proper mix and it wasn't just a terrible rip. I get the feeling they were going for a kind of megaphone effect but it's just too overpowering to the rest of song during that part, would of def been better being a bit lower in the mix and him singing it a little bit more rather than fucking shouting constantly as well #blink-182onlineproducer

It just doesn’t sound good does it? I’m one of the biggest skiba lovers here so you’d expect me to love him being front and centre but it just feels intrusive in this song. 

I have no problem at all with how he sings it and I guess I get what they were going for, but it honestly just feels jarring when listening to the song. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, OldManFan said:

What a non-event. A 49 second “song” and the last 10 seconds are just a fade out. 

I like the general vibe and sound but it’s too short to even bother with. 

Pfft. Call yourself a fan, old man?

Oh. You do. Nevermind. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Broken English said:

You really don’t seem to get that just because something is fast doesn’t mean it’s not boring. 

I’ll leave you there, trying to make your “completely point”. Whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean. Though, the irony of calling someone a retard and then typing that incoherent dribble is not lost on me. 

*completely rational

Good catch!

1 hour ago, OldManFan said:

What a non-event. A 49 second “song” and the last 10 seconds are just a fade out. 

I like the general vibe and sound but it’s too short to even bother with. 

Exactly. Doesn’t matter if it sounds incredible it’s 49 seconds long ffs. Who gives a shit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Pfft. Call yourself a fan, old man?

Oh. You do. Nevermind. 

I like the song... what little of it we can hear. It’s literally about 40-41 seconds not counting the fade out and guitar at the very end. I just think it’s funny to promote something so short and inconsequential. Would dig it on a CD or as an interlude at a concert. But promoting it like it’s a big deal is just amusing. That’s the “meh”.  

• Like 1

Just now, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

it's worrying that they chose a 40 second song out of the 50 they wrote :S

not only for the album, but for a single

You worry too much, you're gonna give yourself a complex.

I've listened several times now, and Skiba's part sounds better on Spotify compared to Youtube. Doesn't sound funny on there at all.

I'm sure a resident professional audio engineer could shed some light

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I've listened several times now, and Skiba's part sounds better on Spotify compared to Youtube. Doesn't sound funny on there at all.

I'm sure a resident professional audio engineer could shed some light

YouTube's compression.

Ta-daa!