New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

I couldn't tell much difference on iTunes really. Also noticed the "composer" credits are:

Mark Hoppus, John Feldmann, Travis Barker, Matt Skiba, Benjamin Berger, Ryan McMahon & Ryan Rabin

Never heard of the last half, but hilarious how many people it took to write 41 seconds.

They are from Captain Cuts ... wiki says they are a songwriting, record production and remix team based in Los Angeles.

• Like 1

It definitely sounds way better on Spotify then on the link but I still find skiba’s part a bit jarring. His vocals are just so much louder when he’s singing the lead part then when Mark was during the intro bit. It was definitely intentional so it’s not like it’s a production issue, more so a stylistic choice I don’t enjoy that much. 

Songs great though. People were chanting for some punk blink and they got one of the most punk sounding blink songs ever and now they’re rattled. Can’t win here.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

They are from Captain Cuts ... wiki says they are a songwriting, record production and remix team based in Los Angeles.

Gotcha, then per the #timeline, this song was made on 1/24/2019. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I couldn't tell much difference on iTunes really. Also noticed the "composer" credits are:

Mark Hoppus, John Feldmann, Travis Barker, Matt Skiba, Benjamin Berger, Ryan McMahon & Ryan Rabin

Never heard of the last half, but hilarious how many people it took to write 41 seconds.

What a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

So I'm still kind of expecting the album to be announced today and that it will be titled Generational Divide. Has this theory been shot down yet?

It could be, I guess, I feel like they'll have another name but GD is as good a guess as any. 

19 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4627161

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

Drums and vocals need to be loudest in the mix.

Yes I'm aware of that, obviously - but they're too loud in the mix here, in my opinion. Matts vox more so than the drums, but Mark's vocals are fine. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yes I'm aware of that, obviously - but they're too loud in the mix here, in my opinion. Matts vox more so than the drums, but Mark's vocals are fine. 

Well, I say they aren't. 

Nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo

Stick your head in doo-doo.

It's funny they even have Matt say "I'm not the generational divide" as if to say it's not him that's causing all the fanbase ruckus and people need to chill out a little bit.

I like the song, though. Sounds more like Blink as I prefer.

I think it’s safe to say they’re not “better now”, and we can’t in all good conscience tell them that they’re “better than the last time”. They’re most definitely victims of the great generational divide. 

...the divide that separates good music from the soulless, cynical, lowest-common-denominator rubbish they’re trying to pass off now. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1