New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

2 minutes ago, Broken English said:

I think it’s safe to say they’re not “better now”, and we can’t in all good conscience tell them that they’re “better than the last time”. They’re most definitely victims of the great generational divide. 

...the divide that separates good music from the soulless, cynical, lowest-common-denominator rubbish they’re trying to pass off now. 

If my eyes rolled back any further they might pop out of their sockets

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I couldn't tell much difference on iTunes really. Also noticed the "composer" credits are:

Mark Hoppus, John Feldmann, Travis Barker, Matt Skiba, Benjamin Berger, Ryan McMahon & Ryan Rabin

Never heard of the last half, but hilarious how many people it took to write 41 seconds.

this is absolutely outrageous.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Resident online music producer here.

I actually think the guitar, drums and Marks vocals sound pretty damn good, then when Skiba comes in they almost appear like they are faded out and Skiba's vocals just completely overpower them, can't work out if it's a deliberate thing as what he is singing is meant to be what the listener is completely focusing on or whether it's an oversight production wise. 

Either way I don't think it works, if they kept the instrumentals and Mark at the same level and bought Skiba down so it blends I think it could of made a world of difference. 

Still promising though I think, even if it is only 49 seconds. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Whooooa there, put your tiki torch away there Heinrich!

The tiki torch keeps me warm. You’re still  racist. 

I don’t need to back it up, you’re arguing against criticism of white culture  that makes you racist   As ridiculous as that actually is, you’re still a racist  because you stuck to doing the same to me for no reason  

41 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If my eyes rolled back any further they might pop out of their sockets

Unfortunately though, you have to whistle passed quite a few grave stones to arrive at this.

Aria was one of the biggest Blink fans I know. He had Blink tats. He just loved them. He is no longer a fan. You know that right?

Fake Interview Sasha also loved Blink and was a regular poster. He hates Blink now.

Kevin, the guy who gave me the name Oliver, he also hates Blink now.

These represent just a small cluster of posters gone by of this board who think Blink is shit now. Its not a small fraction of  people any longer. Its a good chunk of their fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Unfortunately though, you have to whistle passed quite a few grave stones to arrive at this.

Aria was one of the biggest Blink fans I know. He had Blink tats. He just loved them. He is no longer a fan. You know that right?

Fake Interview Sasha also loved Blink and was a regular poster. He hates Blink now.

These represent just a small cluster of posters gone by of this board who think Blink is shit now. Its not a small fraction of  people any longer. Its a good chunk of their fanbase.

Those people have been replaced with people who love the band though. People change. It’s natural. Blink owes nothing to anyone and whatever music they decide to create is up to them. There’s plenty of other bands out there for people to enjoy if they no longer like blink. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Bunch of old men who grew out of blink. But that's ok!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Those people have been replaced with people who love the band though. People change. It’s natural. Blink owes nothing to anyone and whatever music they decide to create is up to them. There’s plenty of other bands out there for people to enjoy if they no longer like blink. 

Right they don't owe us anything. But we don't owe them anything either: We don't owe them a favorable opinion of their music, we don't owe them our business, and we certainly have a right to freedom of speech as well.

So here we are.

Any other basics you would like to cover Dan?

• Love 1

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Right they don't owe us anything. But we don't owe them anything either: We don't owe them a favorable opinion of their music, we don't owe them our business, and we certainly have a right to freedom of speech as well.

So here we are.

Any other basics you would like to cover Dan?

You’re bang on. We absolutely owe them nothing as well. So we either buy their music and tour tickets if we enjoy it or we move on if we don’t. It’s okay to let go of the past, man. We all change.

I think it’s you who’s failing to grasp the basics. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

So every post needs to be positive? That's boring.

Nope, because you can still like something and be critical about it. But it is clear that there are a lot of weirdos posting who truly have no interest in blink anymore. At least not without Tom. So why bother talking about it?

• Like 1