New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

17 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Right they don't owe us anything. But we don't owe them anything either: We don't owe them a favorable opinion of their music, we don't owe them our business, and we certainly have a right to freedom of speech as well.

So here we are.

Any other basics you would like to cover Dan?

I mean, If someone is no longer a fan...they can just leave.  To obsessively complain about a band on their own fan page, says more about that individual and their personal issues than the actual critique of the band.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Nope, because you can still like something and be critical about it. But it is clear that there are a lot of weirdos posting who truly have no interest in blink anymore. At least not without Tom. So why bother talking about it?

If they didn't have interest they wouldn't post about them. 

• Like 1

Liked the video. About the writing credits you guys know every producer that works with an artist usually takes these kinds of credits now right? If you look at Eminem's latest albums credits his producers are credited as writers too but the dude never said a rhyme anyone else wrote.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petros said:

Liked the video. About the writing credits you guys know every producer that works with an artist usually takes these kinds of credits now right? If you look at Eminem's latest album's credits his producers are credited as writers too but the dude never said a rhyme anyone else wrote.

I think that's about the beat and music. Eminem is a rapper. 

15 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think that's about the beat and music. Eminem is a rapper. 

Nope. There are separate writing and producer credits. And since 2010 or something his producers are also credited as writers too. While back in 02-03 it was writting-Eminem, producer-whoever.

18 hours ago, darkarrow said:

I feel like this song was a big fuck you to anyone telling them they aren’t punk. Or just telling them exactly how they should sound at least so they kinda release a “fuck you we do what we want” thing that caters to the “true punk” crowd just to mess with them.

I don't know. I wish they just released shit like this normally and not as a "response" to fans - like, I can't tell if this is either an actual attempt at a punk song for them (if it was, a bit of a bummer considering the over-producing "punk" sound and subsequent filming of a video with an extremely hyper-exaggerated archetype of what "punk" looks like) - or if they're just taking the piss and trying to be a literal hyperbole and fully aware of how ironic this all seems. 

I can't make up my mind if I like the song or not, but I guess it's going in the direction I'd like to see "new" blink go rather than the last releases.  It reminds me of when Tom said he was releasing the most "punk thing he's ever done" and it was a video of a bunch of teenagers skateboarding around an empty pool. It just screams Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p to me

• Like 4