New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

31 minutes ago, petros said:

Liked the video. About the writing credits you guys know every producer that works with an artist usually takes these kinds of credits now right? If you look at Eminem's latest albums credits his producers are credited as writers too but the dude never said a rhyme anyone else wrote.

Ya the latest trend is producer / or writers asking for a % of the master because their royalties are SHIT in the streaming world. 

3 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

I don't know. I wish they just released shit like this normally and not as a "response" to fans - like, I can't tell if this is either an actual attempt at a punk song for them (if it was, a bit of a bummer considering the over-producing "punk" sound and subsequent filming of a video with an extremely hyper-exaggerated archetype of what "punk" looks like) - or if they're just taking the piss and trying to be a literal hyperbole and fully aware of how ironic this all seems. 

I don't buy the "response to fans" thing, somebody tracked it back in their instagram posts and they were working with these producers in like January, and Mark said he was excited to play it live awhile back already too. So logically it seems like this song has been in the works way before BIOMY was out.

And I'm not convinced the response to BIOMY has been nearly bad enough to need to respond at all anyway. A single with no promotion and no album and no video rising steadily up the charts is probably doing as well as they could've expected honestly.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, petros said:

Nope. There are separate writing and producer credits. And since 2010 or something his producers are also credited as writers too. While back in 02-03 it was writting-Eminem, producer-whoever.

That's fucking stupid, but interesting. Does that mean there is a possibility Blink actually write their songs? 

Just now, Adrianm14 said:

Ya the latest trend is producer / or writers asking for a % of the master because their royalties are SHIT in the streaming world. 

Ikr? And people still chose to bitch about it and say the band is useless. Anyways

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

That's fucking stupid, but interesting. Does that mean there is a possibility Blink actually write their songs? 

It's been brought up other times in the conversation but people chose not to pay  attention to it then probably won't now ether. 

2 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Do you have any evidence? 

You want me to go dig the endless conversations of people here in the last two years? :lol: I'm pretty sure other people said it back when this conversation was going on but people still bitched about Patrick Stump or something. Who is not a producer and yes probably had an input in the lyrics of sober. Probably that line everyone hates.

I don't mind this song, but there are things I would tweak or alter or I just noticed.

• The bass could be more dominate
  • the guitar could be more aggressive/distinct
  • Matt's vocal effects don't really go with the song
  • this sounds like a blink song in a weird way, almost like Natives

Why does it bother everyone that Skibas vocal are louder on the mix, he is singing over the same melody, drumbeat, Marks vocal that youve heard 10 seconds ago. I would agree if it was over new Mark lyrics or whatever. Pretty cool little gem, nothing against it, except they fucked it up, musically could be a great different song.

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

The length doesn't bother me overly but it does seem odd to make such a big deal about releasing a 49 second interlude track. 

they're trying to show they're still "punk." it's like all the emphasis put on "heart's all gone." did the rest of neighborhoods turn out like that? nope. classic bait 'n' switch...

17 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

they're trying to show they're still "punk." it's like all the emphasis put on "heart's all gone." did the rest of neighborhoods turn out like that? nope. classic bait 'n' switch...

So did you like the song or not? i mean, musically it sounds like something you'd appreciate ?

53 minutes ago, thongrider said:

We don't know exactly how it's gone down with all the producers and songwriters they've worked with this time around, but they openly talked when California came out about Feldy writing songs with them, as in actually writing songs with them. They mentioned multiple times about how Feldy gave them a chorus idea, or they were at the kitchen table and Feldy came up with a chord progression and Mark sang a line over it and it became whatever song on the album, or Feldy went into his archives and found an idea for a fast song, stuff like that.

Doesn't mean he wrote everything, or that he wrote any lyrics, or anything like that, but he definitely co-wrote the album with them in a traditional sense.

17 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

So did you like the song or not? i mean, musically it sounds like something you'd appreciate ?

it's fine. as forgettable / likeable as "cynical" i suppose.

i am surprised at the number of credited writers... folks are getting desperate for a piece of the action in the age of streaming. the song struck me as something mark *should* have written by himself in five minutes.

• Like 9