New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

1 minute ago, 2point5 said:

Following them and discussing them is fine. But when people start having meltdowns that the music they’re releasing isn’t the sort of music that they want to hear then maybe they should step away for a bit. 

Nobody is having a meltdown ffs. Pressing a few keys on a pad and pressing submit is not having a meltdown 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Not heathy ffs ? do you think we’re all shaking with rage or something? 

When are the fan girls gonna stop being little bitches and just accept that that push and pull between the fangirls and haters are what makes this place thrive. 

You all seem to be, yeah. 

You just said people weren’t real fans because they liked a song that you don’t like ?. Imagine that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I'm more pissed about my favorite pizza place becoming Dominos than Blink. 

Yet you never mention it. Probably because you’ve chosen to get pizza elsewhere? Can’t imagine you sitting at home crying between bites of your Dominos screaming ‘I miss my old pizza plaaaaace’. 

14 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

You all seem to be, yeah. 

You just said people weren’t real fans because they liked a song that you don’t like ?. Imagine that. 

They’re not. How can any proper blink fan enjoy BIOMY?? It’s not possible. You’re a fucking joker mate. On a wum 100%

• Like 1

Jeez guys, no one is crying because of blink. Yet the Markbots seem to be crying because there are people who dare to be critical. Lousy fans huh?

I can only speak for myself, but I don‘t wanna miss it when blink releases music I truly love again. Plus this place is fun, what problem does anyone actually have?! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Yet you never mention it. Probably because you’ve chosen to get pizza elsewhere? Can’t imagine you sitting at home crying between bites of your Dominos screaming ‘I miss my old pizza plaaaaace’. 

Oh I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Scott. said:

They’re not. How can any proper blink fan enjoy BIOMY?? It’s not possible. You’re a fucking joker mate. On a wum 100%

Because people enjoy BIOMY I’m a WUM and people aren’t blink fans. Noted. 

24 minutes ago, Jane said:

Jeez guys, no one is crying because of blink. Yet the Markbots seem to be crying because there are people who dare to be critical. Lousy fans huh?

I can only speak for myself, but I don‘t wanna miss it when blink releases music I truly love again. Plus this place is fun, what problem does anyone actually have?! 

I’m a tombot for the record, I think everyone knows that. But have you honestly not seen how badly some people have reacted to blink in the Cali era? It’s not my favourite era of blink by a long way, but I still enjoy it for what it is. If I didn’t I’d stay in the loop just like everybody else does, but I wouldn’t be kicking off because they’re releasing stuff that I personally don’t like and claiming to be better than the current lineup/ can write better stuff. Discussions and debates are good, healthy fun, but people have taken the new music personally for some reason. If you don’t enjoy it then hopefully you’ll like the next song. If you don’t enjoy the album then maybe blink just isn’t your cup of tea anymore (this isn’t aimed at you Jane, it’s as a collective to the people who don’t like current blink). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

I’m a tombot for the record, I think everyone knows that. But have you honestly not seen how badly some people have reacted to blink in the Cali era? It’s not my favourite era of blink by a long way, but I still enjoy it for what it is. If I didn’t I’d stay in the loop just like everybody else does, but I wouldn’t be kicking off because they’re releasing stuff that I personally don’t like and claiming to be better than the current lineup/ can write better stuff. Discussions and debates are good, healthy fun, but people have taken the new music personally for some reason. If you don’t enjoy it then hopefully you’ll like the next song. If you don’t enjoy the album then maybe blink just isn’t your cup of tea anymore (this isn’t aimed at you Jane, it’s as a collective to the people who don’t like current blink). 

It seems like there have been bad reactions and veeeery heated discussions pretty much throughout the career of the band. Some individuals take it maybe a bit too far every time, but honestly, I can just laugh at their craziness. It doesn't bother me. As far as I remember there has only been one person claiming they would be better than the current lineup or something (did they actually say that?), but hey so what? If that's what they wanna believe, good for them. I mean, these claims usually come from the same person and they know how people will react, so...

And as I said, just because someone doesn't love cali-style blink, does not mean they are not a fan of blink anymore. They just are not a fan of current version of the band. It has to be possible to say you don't like a song / a record and discuss why. What I do miss in the discussions is what fans of their current music actually LIKE about the music, and why this new style of the band is good in their opinion. Just hating on people who do not like it is quite lame.

You know, I don't take any of this personally, let alone too seriously, so I'm all good. I mean, were talking about music here, it's not the end of the world or something ;-)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Yo music isn't food. But if we're going use that analogy, it's more so being served delicious high quality dishes for years and then all of a sudden switched to frozen and reheated foods by the cooks and then expecting the customers not to complain. Also pondering the question, why does it take several cooks to basically throw something in the microwave?

Fix your restaurant blink.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NJanSaid said:

Yo music isn't food. But if we're going use that analogy, it's more so being served delicious high quality dishes for years and then all of a sudden switched to frozen and reheated foods by the cooks and then expecting the customers not to complain.

Which is why I said the restaurant was taken over and a new menu introduced. Tom was replaced by someone else. The menu was always going to be different, that man was the god damn iron chef. 

21 minutes ago, NJanSaid said:

Yo music isn't food. But if we're going use that analogy, it's more so being served delicious high quality dishes for years and then all of a sudden switched to frozen and reheated foods by the cooks and then expecting the customers not to complain. Also pondering the question, why does it take several cooks to basically throw something in the microwave?

Yeah

16 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Which is why I said the restaurant was taken over and a new menu introduced. Tom was replaced by someone else. The menu was always going to be different, that man was the god damn iron chef. 

To me the perfect anology is: a chef leaves the restaurant and they hire one of the best chefs from a competing restaurant, but instead of letting that chef shine like the old chef did, they get instant dinners from the supermarket and heat those. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Anyone happy with BIOMY is on a wum and not a real fan imo

Love ya Scott, but this is such a bad take. (Really any argument defining “real fans” is)

You could easily argue those who are fine with them experimenting/making music they want in 2019 are the “real fans”, as they are appreciative and supportive. 

Also side note,  BIOMY up 3 spots to #11 on the alternative charts! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, thongrider said:

To me the perfect anology is: a chef leaves the restaurant and they hire one of the best chefs from a competing restaurant, but instead of letting that chef shine like the old chef did, they get instant dinners from the supermarket and heat those. 

Perfect. And it works with what I’m saying. You wouldn’t continue to eat there if you no longer enjoyed what they were offering. 

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Love ya Scott, but this is such a bad take. (Really any argument defining “real fans” is)

You could easily argue those who are fine with them experimenting/making music they want in 2019 are the “real fans”, as they are appreciative and supportive. 

Also side note,  BIOMY up 3 spots to #11 on the alternative charts! 

I think neither loving or hating BIOMY makes one a real or not real fan. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Perfect. And it works with what I’m saying. You wouldn’t continue to eat there if you no longer enjoyed what they were offering. 

Trust me dude, I stopped paying for blink material during the Cali Deluxe run and until I like the music they're serving their fans, I won't be buying or supporting outside of an occasional spotify or YouTube view. Riotfest is a different story because I'll be there anyways, but who knows, if I'm tired I might leave once EotS is played all the way through. I'm pretty much checking here after habit for like 8 or 9 years (lurked before joining). And with that said, Untitled is still my favorite record of all time and will always be, so your restaurant analogy doesn't quite work. Can't eat at the restaurant after your favorite chef leaves but I can always listen to Feeling This to wash out BIOMY after it pops up randomly on spotify.

You guys arguing over true fandom is like people arguing over who is more punk.

• Like 3