New Single/Video for Generational Divide (Out Friday!)

Ghent

Do you need to produce anything to hear a bad mix? I thought having ears was enough. It's evident, Matt's voice is mixed poorly in GD. I understand it was Intentional and it was poorly executed. I listen to a lot of lo-fi, where distorted effects are the main part of stylistic identity, well, even the newest Tyler, the Creator album has a lot of lo-fi effects, noises and distortion, but it sounds professional and doesn't spoil the listening experience. GD sounds like a demo, unfinished, rushed. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 2point5 said:

I think you’ve misunderstood what I’ve been saying. Never have I said people shouldn’t give their input. I’ve been saying people who no longer like the band probably shouldn’t listen to them if it’s not to their taste anymore rather than get riled up and keep posting the same negative comments over and over.  Davey says he still enjoys listening to them for the most part. He even said he liked Parking Lot which in my opinion is one of the worst blink songs they’ve ever released. 

I’m lukewarm on the new stuff too. I’ve said this. This isnt something I’m arguing against. How you feel about the band is pretty much the same as me. I was just commenting on the people who constantly bitch and moan like they’re expecting every release to be a lost track from untitled even though they’ve spent the days leading up to the release already criticising it and saying it’ll be terrible.

Anyway this is the last I’m gonna say on the subject. Everyone is misinterpreting what I’m saying and it’s pointless to continue. 

(And I’ve never said anyone is a true fan or isn’t a fan regarding what era they like or dislike. That’s been done by many people, not by me. No one has the right to say someone isn’t a fan of the band because they like certain songs). 

Ok well I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. I, too, don't want to needlessly argue over the "real blink fans" and in my book we've never had a real issue. Though I'm getting to the point where if I didn't listen to every song on the next album, it wouldn't be a tragedy.

15 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

When you said “Fair enough. I just think the true blink fans are the ones who follow through thick and thin, who would love to use BIOMY as toilet paper if it wasn't digital only, who keep following the band even after 2.5 shitty releases.”

it seemed like you were saying that those people are the only true blink fans. Wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth.

All good, dude. I've been stressed at work. Original post probably came out harsher than I thought.

I just wish the new song was longer and Skiba's vocals were mixed better. That's it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Neal said:

everybody who is not a real blink fan should get a two week ban imo. That way they can set their priorities straight and decide if they want to stay or not.

can't be arsed with those phony wannabe fans that dislike the skiba era. This place needs a cleansing asap so we can worship blink 182 like we are meant to do

Are you being serious? Legit don't know if you are or not.

59 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Like this song still but just can't listen to it over and over like most blink releases due to the length and that fact that it just doesn't go anywhere. Still such an odd release.

I'll be happier with GD if they release a new song this week. Otherwise, it will be so odd/random to release a 50sec song as a single.

So, I've found that this song has been one of the better received releases from Blink in the self-proclaimed "punk" community. Now, that's not saying a whole lot so let's not pretend it's a "gotcha" statement or anything but I do kind of find it a little interesting. The handful of punk sites I visit and participate with have met this release with way less ridicule and contempt than Blink 182 usually gathers and more of a passive "eh" ... which, by elitist standards, is about as close to lauded as the band is ever going to get, especially these days. There have even been some declaring they'd actually dig an entire album in the same vein as GD, short and fast songs, lasting about half an hour and that's actually a sentiment I can get behind myself. I know a lot of you are disappointed by the release and I totally get the criticisms but it was nice to see a little acceptance in a scene that's pretty rigid with it's standards. Personally, I lean more towards the traditional punk side of things and I can't say I wouldn't love a more traditional punk release from them. Even if it was a one off novelty, it'd still be pretty cool to have something different in the discography.