New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

24 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Fuck yeah! I’m pumped!

Kind of blows a hole in @NotNow‘s “music can ONLY come out through Thursday leaks from New Zealand duhhh” theory 

Uh what that’s not what I said. I said songs have to be released by midnight Friday to get on the streaming services updated playlists for that week so songs scheduled to come out Friday leak Thursday morning. Do you follow music? You can’t be that fucking dumb to not know songs come out every day of the week.

Also I would be inclined to say this would also leak the morning before because most songs are scheduled to publish at midnight on streaming services, but don’t have to be if it’s during the week. The last sum 41 song a couple weeks ago was scheduled to release on a Wednesday, but leaked on the Tuesday morning for the normal reason.

Since it’s a Monday though, I don’t think this will happen, I don’t think they’d schedule it for Monday midnight. Pretty sure 12pm est is another popular publish time for streaming services during the week prior to Friday, I think blame it on my youth came out in the early morning earlier in the week?

• Love 3

20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I’m sure glad we have an industry insider to always set our dumb asses straight

Doesn’t require any special knowledge. It’s fairly common knowledge this is how releases work if you follow music closely whatsoever. At least for the Friday releases, I will say some bands do their own thing if they release music earlier in the week so it’s somewhat unpredictable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Doesn’t require any special knowledge. It’s fairly common knowledge this is how releases work if you follow music closely whatsoever. At least for the Friday releases, I will say some bands do their own thing if they release music earlier in the week so it’s somewhat unpredictable.

It is common knowledge, Ghent just has no idea about anything that isn't blink or taylor swift. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

Uh what that’s not what I said. I said songs have to be released by midnight Friday to get on the streaming services updated playlists for that week so songs scheduled to come out Friday leak Thursday morning. Do you follow music? You can’t be that fucking dumb to not know songs come out every day of the week.

Also I would be inclined to say this would also leak the morning before because most songs are scheduled to publish at midnight on streaming services, but don’t have to be if it’s during the week. The last sum 41 song a couple weeks ago was scheduled to release on a Wednesday, but leaked on the Tuesday morning for the normal reason.

Since it’s a Monday though, I don’t think this will happen, I don’t think they’d schedule it for Monday midnight. Pretty sure 12pm est is another popular publish time for streaming services during the week prior to Friday, I think blame it on my youth came out in the early morning earlier in the week?

Did you take too much adderall?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

They’re only doing this to sell tickets to their failing shows. Open your eyes blink bots. The timing, tone and placement of this post backs me up 100%. That neon smiley might aswell be a flashing “buy here” sign. 

Luckily I’ll be so busy GETTING LAID all day Monday for me to even notice this.

actually someone on reddit have said since last month that we would be getting a new song called "Happy Days" in July. Nobody believed him back then, of course.