New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

Top 5 of the dread era.

Mark sounds really good at parts, guitar is *gasp* pretty good, has a bit of that boxcar Tom feel.  Lyrics are weird as shit though.  I like the Mark only decision a lot here.

There's not too much to the song, but it's not insanely cringe or pandering so that's really refreshing.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Song is super mediocre. Is the chorus actually "I want to feel happy days, happy days. Happy days, happy days." ? 

Blink 182 - Happy Days: "I want to feel happy days, happy days"

AVA - Good Day: "I think I like today, I think it's good"

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Hilarious that this has fewer writers than Generational Divide.

wCYRMYE.png

I don't know why, but when I read it took 7 guys to write Generational Divide I picture them all standing around the drumset hitting different parts.

Like really, "oh I got it: is it betterr, is it better ?___"

"Now!  Is it better now!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

The lyrics seem like they're talking down to their audience, as usual. Not even the "hey kid" part, but it generally feels like Mark is trying to describe depression to a 13-year-old. It seems like something Simple Plan would write.

Hm I disagree with this. About the “hey kid” part, I interpret it like he’s talking down to a naive version of himself, which is what people tend to do when they feel down. But it was probably not intended like that lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleRebelGirl said:

I don't know why, but when I read it took 7 guys to write Generational Divide I picture them all standing around the drumset hitting different parts.

Like really, "oh I got it: is it betterr, is it better ?___"

"Now!  Is it better now!"

e225YR5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Hm I disagree with this. About the “hey kid” part, I interpret it like he’s talking down to a naive version of himself, which is what people tend to do when they feel down. But it was probably not intended like that lol. 

The "hey kid" part doesn't even bother me. It's, somehow, the least condescending part of the lyrics.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the right thread, but i find this very interesting... (Since its raining comments over here)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tom-delonge-says-angels-and-airwaves-new-album-vision-where-wanted-blink-182-go-future-2507286

Tom DeLonge says Angels And Airwaves’ new album is “vision for where I wanted Blink-182 to go in the future”

• Like 1

Just now, jordidanen95 said:

I know this isn't the right thread, but i find this very interesting... (Since its raining comments over here)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tom-delonge-says-angels-and-airwaves-new-album-vision-where-wanted-blink-182-go-future-2507286

Tom DeLonge says Angels And Airwaves’ new album is “vision for where I wanted Blink-182 to go in the future”

He also said that about demos odds and ends, which was a bucket of shit water

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely better with ear phones rather than shitty iPhone speaker. I like it, chorus is my favorite part.. it’s catchy and love the instruments. Feels heavier than BIOMY maybe that’s why I’m feeling it more. Wasn’t really a fan of the bridge sounded messy like it came off neighborhoods. Marks voice sounds great and I think Matt does some backing vocals hear and there. I like this one the most. 

I don’t think the lyrics are condescending at all. I think @Thomas D. hit the nail on the head and it’s exactly what mark was going for.

Songs been stuck in my head all morning since my last post so I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love it way more next listen.

• Like 2