New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

Been listening to the song lots today and quite like it. Loads better than BIOMY. Travis' drums in the chorus hit just hard enough to make it not that pop shit theyve been doing.

But am I the only one who hears the second part of the chorus (the part where he's not singing happy days) and the chorus as BIOMY the same? Just sing "Blaming it, blaming it on my youth" in that part, copy and paste, which is the biggest problem with this band now.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

People connecting emotionally to music and it's message, boy, what a novel idea!

No, that's not what he meant, he said that people listen to FJM since he is treated as music for intellectuals and people listen to him to look smarter. I listen to FJM and blink and do It for the same reason - I like the music, and listening to FJM doesn't make me smarter and doesn't make me look smarter, there's nothing smart in simply absorbing. I used to think that listening to something critically acclaimed makes me smarter when I was 16.

28 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I actually really like the lyrics in this song. It hits just right for me, they're really relatable.

The lyrics are the best part. Feel super honest and relatable. I really don’t get how Laura found the condescending at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nextmarkhoppus44 said:

Honestly, I'm just glad I don't spend every waking hour on this dead forum and respond to everything negatively. But I guess I can understand because lack of real life. Anyways, have a good one man!

We all appreciate your sacrifice! 

13 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

No, that's not what he meant, he said that people listen to FJM since he is treated as music for intellectuals and people listen to him to look smarter. I listen to FJM and blink and do It for the same reason - I like the music, and listening to FJM doesn't make me smarter and doesn't make me look smarter, there's nothing smart in simply absorbing. I used to think that listening to something critically acclaimed makes me smarter when I was 16.

But now you're 17 and a big boy now!

32 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

The lyrics are the best part. Feel super honest and relatable. I really don’t get how Laura found the condescending at all.

Look, it's not just me!

9 minutes ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

I like it. (The first verse sounds a bit too Simple Plan-y though)

• Love 1

I bought my Nephew a Willy Wonka Statue for his birthday. He'd never seen nor heard of it. He stared at it memorized, and just like that, he's obsessed with Willy Wonka and he wants to buy anything and everything having to do with it.

Seeing that, I finally got why Blink has to market to kids.

You just don't get the same type of thing with adults.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I bought my Nephew a Willy Wonka Statue for his birthday. He'd never seen nor heard of it. He stared at it memorized, and just like that, he's obsessed with Willy Wonka and he wants to buy anything and everything having to do with it.

this is the hard hitting analysis I was looking for

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

How is this song being marketed to kids as opposed to adults?

19 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

As opposed to all the other Blink 182 releases?

2 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

How can listening to anything make you feel special? You're just absorbing something someone special has created, that's a teen thinking here.

Lol. I feel like 50 different emotions when I listen to Not Now.

Idk if you’re emotionless or something but 999 times out of 1000 I usually feel something when I listen to music.