New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

2 minutes ago, BCRplus44 said:

Lol. I feel like 50 different emotions when I listen to Not Now.

Idk if you’re emotionless or something but 999 times out of 1000 I usually feel something when I listen to music.

It's called asperger's.

To me, with this one, I'm genuinely not sure what's not to like.  Feels like a song right in the vein of Bored to Death, and I'm sure that that song had a few haters as well.  I'll not understand it for these kinds of songs, but I suppose you people are out there.  Kinda feels like nothing short of Tom being in the band is going to appease these people again, regardless of the actual quality of the song.  Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but I really don't see what's not to like here, its like when I hear an Angels and Airwaves song that is undeniably good, despite how much I think Tom has lost and how overall his music isn't good these days without blink, sometimes he'll drop a song that I can't see anything wrong with, this feels like one of such songs.  I can get why one wouldn't like Blame it on My Youth (even though overall I like it just fine), but I really can't relate to why one wouldn't like this one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Been listening to the song lots today and quite like it. Loads better than BIOMY. Travis' drums in the chorus hit just hard enough to make it not that pop shit they've been doing.

But am I the only one who hears the second part of the chorus (the part where he's not singing happy days) and the chorus as BIOMY the same? Just sing "Blaming it, blaming it on my youth" in that part, copy and paste, which is the biggest problem with this band now.

Not nearly as bad as BIOMY.  Mark yelling happy days sounds better than "blame it.. b-blame it on my YOUTH", despite more plain vanilla lyrics.  I thought for a second they forsure were going to chant "I was raised on the ritalin" during the bridge though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Since88 said:

Is a single.

Which “a single” is the definition of. Therefore, this is a single, calling it anything else is crazy person talk.

You have radio singles and promo singles. They’re two different things. A promo single is just a song release, a radio single actually has a structured advertising and marketing campaign around it by the label and is declared a “single” by sending it to radio.

Late to the party, cuz i was working,

But loving HD. The chorus refrain is getting so damn catchy the more and more i listen. Im happy with the lyrics (not cringe or cheesy), and drums rule as per usual travis. Good work boys! I really wish this song was in the set, by the time i see them next wk.

While i was working today, reading all the comments here but not able to listen... it made me smile to see so many marking out for this song. Seeing fanboys, like myself, so excited and pleased with a new song from their fav band.... it doesnt get much better. Glad moments like that can still happen in the darkness of the internet. For everyone thats as PUMPED as I am to see an upcoming show, im happy for each and every one of you. Lets soak it up and LIVE this awesome moment

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You have radio singles and promo singles. They’re two different things. A promo single is just a song release, a radio single actually has a structured advertising and marketing campaign around it by the label and is declared a “single” by sending it to radio.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marik said:

Late to the party, cuz i was working,

But loving HD. The chorus refrain is getting so damn catchy the more and more i listen. Im happy with the lyrics (not cringe or cheesy), and drums rule as per usual travis. Good work boys! I really wish this song was in the set, by the time i see them next wk.

While i was working today, reading all the comments here but not able to listen... it made me smile to see so many marking out for this song. Seeing fanboys, like myself, so excited and pleased with a new song from their fav band.... it doesnt get much better. Glad moments like that can still happen in the darkness of the internet. For everyone thats as PUMPED as I am to see an upcoming show, im happy for each and every one of you. Lets soak it up and LIVE this awesome moment

Okay, back to hating, you guys are out of fucking control. 

A few years ago I would have never thought I would say this about blink-182, but it's really nice to get a song without both vocalists for once (I'm sure Matt's singing some of the backup, but its not enough to consider this a dual vocalist song imo). I'd love to hear an all Matt song too.

I've listened to this song over 10 times already today and sat down and played it on my guitar. I definitely didn't do that when Blame it on my Youth came out. I really like this one. There's something about it that just gives me a hopeful feeling. And not hopeful about future blink music being good. Just hopeful in general. About life n stuff. It's a bit of a uplifting song for me. I like it.

• Like 7

On 6/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, prankerd14 said:

Fuck me this was the song i been waiting for! A mix between bored to death and feeling this!

On 6/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, prankerd14 said:

There was a 11 second preview someone put on youtube cant find it now but expect it to be out in the next hour

On 6/30/2019 at 11:25 AM, prankerd14 said:

Fair enough mark and matt trade off lyrics like in feeling this so when you hear it you will know

happy days knowing this guy was full of shit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4