New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

1 hour ago, Ixidor said:

I really enjoy HD, would have been a far better first single. The darker/nostalgia sound works well with Mark's voice. I still miss a bit more guitar throughout the song, not just the into riff. Anyway, I definitely find it fresh and a step in the direction, which I am interested in, as a listener.

Does the delivery of the demons line not bother you? It sounds so flat, and the follow up line doesn’t redeem it. 

8 hours ago, Scott. said:

Bored of this already. Anyone else? Honestly think California is better than these 3 songs they’ve released 

I am. It's been out for just a few days but it sounds flat now and I don't enjoy it anymore. It's forgettable.

• Like 4

wasn’t really impressed all that much to begin with. was very surprised when he said it should’ve been the lead single at the soundcheck the other day. BIOTMY has more going for it in every regard, whereas happy days is vague, repetitive, and bland 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

wasn’t really impressed all that much to begin with. was very surprised when he said it should’ve been the lead single at the soundcheck the other day. BIOTMY has more going for it in every regard, whereas happy days is vague, repetitive, and bland 

when i heard it i also tought it should have been the lead single, even if blame it on mouthz is a bigger souding song

happy days is realy differant than what theyve done in the past and is realy actualy and as that "newness" to it

would have been a nice statement to get the ball rolling

no matt skiba singing

no whoa whoa

no na na nan

1 hour ago, Smalls said:

Still loving this song. Love that it’s a little dark. The thing I love about it most is it really sounds like a mark written/driven song with the producers throwing in a few ideas similar to what jerry Finn did back in the day.

i think hey im sorry is fantastic and doesnt/wont get the respect it deservs

last train home is real good 2 and deep as fuck prob one of the darkiest blink song alont with adam song and staytogether for them kids

8/10 or whatever is call is very powerfull and huge should have been on the main album

bored to death sounds realy huge and hits hard

i think the good stuff get buried by the vommit that are songs like sobber and some other non-sense there is on that record like built this pool to get some naked dudes

23 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

i think hey im sorry is fantastic and doesnt/wont get the respect it deservs

last train home is real good 2 and deep as fuck prob one of the darkiest blink song alont with adam song and staytogether for them kids

8/10 or whatever is call is very powerfull and huge should have been on the main album

bored to death sounds realy huge and hits hard

i think the good stuff get buried by the vommit that are songs like sobber and some other non-sense there is on that record like built this pool to get some naked dudes

I heard the next blink song to be released is called “hookedd on fonicks dun good fir me”. You’re going to love it.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Wasn't the smiley just a design from a graffiti artist friend of the band?

How does that define the band more than a logo like the Alice in Wonderland bunny which clearly comes from Mark based on interviews, Rabbit Hole, and Cheshire Cat... 

Unless the logic is smiley logo = best era of Blink, which is kind of a superficial connection.

Logos are dumb though, they don't get paid to make visual art. 

''Logos are dumb''

If anything...logos aren't dumb. If done right, Its amazing marketing (The smiley)

And why the blink-182 smiley defines the band

- Lots of people in the poppunk/alternative/emo/indie scene will recognise that smiley in an instant. People walk up to me all the time (I have it on my leg)

- The band itself have made it their prime logo since the 2003 release

They have only been using the bunny in recent years because of the nostalgia. I don't see them using a bunny on an album cover, yet i can see them playing around with the smiley tho.