New song, "Happy Days", out monday

samukaskin

On 7/5/2019 at 2:07 AM, Broken English said:

Does the delivery of the demons line not bother you? It sounds so flat, and the follow up line doesn’t redeem it. 

It bothers the hell out of me. He could have pronounced it slightly differently to make it rhyme but he purposely didn't. Most people (at least in the States) say "dee-mins" anyway. That would have rhymed.

But it doesn't infuriate me nearly as much as this fucking song where Tom pronounces "always" two different ways in the same song. At 0:33 he says "always" the normal way and at 1:25 he sings it like "all-weeze" FUCK that brings my piss to a boil ?

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It bothers the hell out of me. He could have pronounced it slightly differently to make it rhyme but he purposely didn't. Most people (at least in the States) say "dee-mins" anyway. That would have rhymed.

But it doesn't infuriate me nearly as much as this fucking song where Tom pronounces "always" two different ways in the same song. At 0:33 he says "always" the normal way and at 1:25 he sings it like "all-weeze" FUCK that brings my piss to a boil ?

Haha I have never noticed that before. Hilarious.

• Like 2

Can't really figure out what I think of things song nearly a week later, I mean it's alright and is a step in the right direction style wise from California....I'm not just not sure if the song is actually that good?

The fact I have listened to it even less than BIOMY and GD on their first week is worrying.

• Like 3

The benefit of taking other song writing teams in is definitely that they probably advise to cut the whoas.

I think most of us can agree that was an annoying part of California.  Tim Pagnotta might not be the best artist, but he at least tries to mix it up more than Feldmann who likes to keep everything the same like a factory.

Still don't see why they want any of these guys input. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleRebelGirl said:

The benefit of taking other song writing teams in is definitely that they probably advise to cut the whoas.

I think most of us can agree that was an annoying part of California.  Tim Pagnotta might not be the best artist, but he at least tries to mix it up more than Feldmann who likes to keep everything the same like a factory.

Still don't see why they want any of these guys input. 

Why would they need an input from a guy who was in tier-3 pop punk band? (insert Feldmann, Pagnotta, whoever they come up with next) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boxelder said:

i think this review is really well-written and thoughtful, and summarizes how a lot of fans feel in a pretty apt way: https://www.popdust.com/blink-182-release-new-song-2639057795.html

I really liked that little review! Thanks for sharing! 

I still listen to and enjoy Happy Days - and still prefer it to Blame it on my Youth. Not all their songs are going to be top tier and my expectations of such are much lower post-California but Happy Days is a decent song for me and keeps me eagerly awaiting more music.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:34 PM, jordidanen95 said:

''Logos are dumb''

If anything...logos aren't dumb. If done right, Its amazing marketing (The smiley)

And why the blink-182 smiley defines the band

- Lots of people in the poppunk/alternative/emo/indie scene will recognise that smiley in an instant. People walk up to me all the time (I have it on my leg)

- The band itself have made it their prime logo since the 2003 release

They have only been using the bunny in recent years because of the nostalgia. I don't see them using a bunny on an album cover, yet i can see them playing around with the smiley tho.

That stupid smiley face logo has always sucked. Nothing beats the Court Jones bunny as a logo for blink-182 and they've been stupid to switch from it. The new bunny in recent years also blows.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, boxelder said:

i think this review is really well-written and thoughtful, and summarizes how a lot of fans feel in a pretty apt way: https://www.popdust.com/blink-182-release-new-song-2639057795.html

can you post a picture of the person who wrote it, I can't allow myself to read this unless the guy looks cool enough.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, jordidanen95 said:

''Logos are dumb''

If anything...logos aren't dumb. If done right, Its amazing marketing (The smiley)

And why the blink-182 smiley defines the band

- Lots of people in the poppunk/alternative/emo/indie scene will recognise that smiley in an instant. People walk up to me all the time (I have it on my leg)

- The band itself have made it their prime logo since the 2003 release

They have only been using the bunny in recent years because of the nostalgia. I don't see them using a bunny on an album cover, yet i can see them playing around with the smiley tho.

Not saying logos don’t have significance.

I’m saying I couldn’t care less of what a logo is if the music is still good.

44 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Does that little guitar slide/screech/rattle drive anyone else nuts? I can’t unhear it and it’s like nails on a chalkboard lol. It’s most obvious in the intro but it’s looped throughout on that same riff.

Happy Days you mean? I haven't noticed but I assume you mean fret slides when the root note changes?