This is hilarious

High Value Man

14 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Whats your angle dude? What exactly do you doubt?

That I can't sing em?

That I can't play em?

That I don't have the energy to rock for 90 minutes?

That I have no onstage presence?

???

I doubt that you’d be able to play and perform as well as Matt does for an entire set. You constantly state you can and talk shit on Matt. I’m saying either prove it and play a whole set or simply shut the fuck up.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, LittleRebelGirl said:

Unless we are going to pay @Donald Trump's Bulge thousands of dollars, top notch meal, equipment manager, and all the other perks that come with being in a famous band, the comparison isn't entirely fair.  Plus we can't expect him to really use up his entire camera space to record 75 minutes.  

I'd say a few songs will do and can make a judgement from there.

Oliver isn’t getting paid or playing with super expensive equipment that’s true. But he’s also playing alone in his bedroom. Skiba is performing in front of 10,000+ people. 

So they cancel each other out.

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Oliver isn’t getting paid or playing with super expensive equipment that’s true. But he’s also playing alone in his bedroom. Skiba is performing in front of 10,000+ people. 

So they cancel each other out.

You know, I was always a weirdo when it came to stage presence. I get all weird when its just me and I'm trying to demo something alone in my room, I get self conscious as fuck and end up limp dicking what I'm doing but live on front of people I was always decent. I can perform in front of 200 people with no issues but put me in front of a handful of folks and I clam up tighter than Jan's mom.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

You know, I was always a weirdo when it came to stage presence. I get all weird when its just me and I'm trying to demo something alone in my room, I get self conscious as fuck and end up limp dicking what I'm doing but live on front of people I was always decent. I can perform in front of 200 people with no issues but put me in front of a handful of folks and I clam up tighter than Jan's mom.

Yeah and that’s perfectly fine. I was the exact opposite when I played music. It was 10 years ago now when I actually played enough to consider myself a musician and I was in my last year of high school. We had to perform 4 songs for our music class and be graded on them for our end of year grade. I could play them 10 times in a row at home practising and nail it. As soon as I was in my final exam with just three examiners watching me there were many fuck ups. Nerves affect people differently.

The issue is old mate Oliver has claimed that regardless of where he is and whoever and how many people he is playing in front of he can nail it every single time. And if you’re gonna make claims like that constantly then you be better be prepared to prove it.

23 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah and that’s perfectly fine. I was the exact opposite when I played music. It was 10 years ago now when I actually played enough to consider myself a musician and I was in my last year of high school. We had to perform 4 songs for our music class and be graded on them for our end of year grade. I could play them 10 times in a row at home practising and nail it. As soon as I was in my final exam with just three examiners watching me there were many fuck ups. Nerves affect people differently.

The issue is old mate Oliver has claimed that regardless of where he is and whoever and how many people he is playing in front of he can nail it every single time. And if you’re gonna make claims like that constantly then you be better be prepared to prove it.

I think I rationalized it by thinking the more people there are the better chance that there's a few that I can play and sing better than so I'm performing for those people.

I love Oliver and have all the respect in the world for him and I am more than happy to give him the opportunity to perform a setlist live here in San Antonio/Austin or I will go there and play in the booming Delaware scene if he provides a drummer up there. Hell, I'll film the whole thing in HD so he can have whatever proof he wants to share but, personally, I think he's talking himself up a bit and there's a big difference in playing a song and performing a song.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

I doubt that you’d be able to play and perform as well as Matt does for an entire set. You constantly state you can and talk shit on Matt. I’m saying either prove it and play a whole set or simply shut the fuck up.

Yeah he needs to both play an entire blink set (play the exact set they are playing) AND replace BIOMY with a song he wrote that is better.

Its fine if it’s in his bedroom on an acoustic, but I want the whole set played over the same period that they are on stage. 

It seems like a lot to ask, but he makes it sound so easy. Let’s see it!

otherwise stfu

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

I think he's talking himself up a bit and there's a big difference in playing a song and performing a song.

There’s also a big difference between performing a single song and performing a full set.

If we were able get Matt skiba on the phone tell him he’s got a week to practice first date and the video himself playing it alone in his bedroom and we’d be judging it on his singing, guitar playing and stage presence, it would be very different to some random video from the middle of a set pulled from YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The only guy who will waste his time on a 90 minute Oliver performance is him. 

You literally rape children, perhaps you should not be talking shit about anyone else ... or maybe turn yourself in to the cops ... or a mental institute ... or castrate yourself ... you know, something that betters the world.

If he owned Skiba for 10 songs and then got tired you guys would trash the performance even though a professional musician should be 100x better. 

The problem with Matt is the invisible phonebooth. He makes too many mistakes standing still and hits the wrong pedals on top of it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah he needs to both play an entire blink set (play the exact set they are playing) AND replace BIOMY with a song he wrote that is better.

Its fine if it’s in his bedroom on an acoustic, but I want the whole set played over the same period that they are on stage. 

It seems like a lot to ask, but he makes it sound so easy. Let’s see it!

otherwise stfu

It can't be acoustic, stage presence is being graded.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

There’s also a big difference between performing a single song and performing a full set.

If we were able get Matt skiba on the phone tell him he’s got a week to practice first date and the video himself playing it alone in his bedroom and we’d be judging it on his singing, guitar playing and stage presence, it would be very different to some random video from the middle of a set pulled from YouTube.

Maybe we should blow up Skiba's twitter and push a Battle of the Non-Tom's with Oliver. See who'll win based on guitar ability, singing, stage presence, and a 1 hour song-off where each contestant has 1 hour to write to competition a brand new, original piece based on a surprise secret topic. 

#battleofthenontoms

#4nontoms

4 hours ago, Margie Whipple Homicides said:

It can't be acoustic, stage presence is being graded.

I know you mean in regards to blink, but you can still have stage presence on acoustic. for the record ;) 

Thing is, how can we judge stage presence? Think of a guy like Freddie Mercury. He'll ask for the crowd to wave their arms or some shit and the crowd will simply just do it. Now think of some random dude on a show like X Factor/Britain's Got Talent/America's Got Talent. He'll ask the crowd to do the exact same thing and they simply won't do it. Name recognition matters IMO.

Oliver could be awesome with this live stream. He could be doing all crazy Tom DeLonge shit that oozes charisma. But at the end of the day, he's still gonna be in a room by himself with no live audience, no other musicians and it's just not gonna be the same as blink with Skiba even if Skiba was the shittiest guitar player in the world. People will just call him some Tom DeLonge wannabe. They already do when it comes to Leo and Leo actually performs the blink songs pretty well and has charisma also.

Look at the soundchecks when they bring fans onto the stage. The crowd just don't really care (I'm aware it's a small crowd compared to the regular live show). Some of them have been better performers than both Mark & Skiba. But it's not the same. They don't have the look, they don't have the name recognition. It's just better when Mark & Skiba do it despite the fact that Mark's voice is completely shot and that Skiba fucks up nearly all the riffs and just nonstop yells into the mic. So even the soundchecks wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Then there's Tom at Reading in 2014. Obviously the live stream quality was shite. Whoever mixed that did a fucking terrible job. But Tom was awful. His guitar sounded awful. But it didn't matter. He fucking stole the show. He fucking owned the stage that night despite his slurring. He was the man. The only way it'd be a fair comparison is if Oliver had a great band from the pop punk/punk rock scene, so he has a bit of name recognition like Skiba. At the end of the day, Skiba is always gonna be the better guy for blink and their fans, even if Oliver outperformed Skiba.