This is hilarious

High Value Man

Well if we want to do a full comparison to Skiba, he also has other very significant advantages.

The biggest one being: This is his fucking job. He actually should have the time to put in rehearsal with himself, with Blink etc. I work a 40 hour job and do like thousands of other things.

Putting me at a severe disadvantage.

Also, it is clear some of you don't know music. Don't know performance. Don't know a fucking damn thing.

Its not all about guitar mistakes. Yes screwing up the intro to WMAA or STFTKs is clearly not acceptable. Neither is forgetting lyrics or complete songs. But playing an E chord in a different place that Tom played it, is stupid. So is minor mishaps that Tom committed all the time. Sometimes that stuff can even add to a performance and make it genuine.

So much more goes into it. Vocals, guitar tone, energy put into the performance is huge (Skiba has none BTW).

16 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

excuses3.jpg

This is stupid.

I actually work and have a life outside of work as well. I don't have hours to setup and then play whole Blink sets to prove a bunch of keyboard warriors of something I've already proved.

The earliest I can probably do it is this upcoming weekend. I like the idea of a youtube stream live, if I can figure that out.

Also, I will probably make a setlist that differs from Blink's current setlist. Its not that I can't play most of their catalog, its that I'd prefer to throw in some BoxCar Racer, Dude Ranch, and some of their songs that are actually not stale as shit to listen to. But I will play the hits too, just to prove it to the morons.

• Wow 1

If I can't figure out the youtube stream, you guys are getting a 90 minute show edited down into a 10 minute video with a clock in the background as proof that I am playing the full show.

I am not posting and uploading a 90 minute fucking video. No one will watch that entire thing. Not a single solitary person.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

If I can't figure out the youtube stream, you guys are getting a 90 minute show edited down into a 10 minute video with a clock in the background as proof that I am playing the full show.

I am not posting and uploading a 90 minute fucking video. No one will watch that entire thing. Not a single solitary person.

If you have a smart phone you can do it easily, just plug your phone in to the charger.

• Like 1

why are you even entertaining this though?

It's not going to be comparable because you can't find a band, a stage, and thousands of people to watch you while you perform. performing solo is never going to be comparable to performing in a live setting with a band and an audience. it just isn't. and if you live stream you playing along to backing tracks or something you're not going to prove anything, because if you're amazing at it or shit at it, it still is not the same situation and everyone will point that out. it's a total waste of time on your part.

you'd be closer to it if you take up Speedo's offer to do an actual show to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

why are you even entertaining this though?

It's not going to be comparable because you can't find a band, a stage, and thousands of people to watch you while you perform. performing solo is never going to be comparable to performing in a live setting with a band and an audience. it just isn't. and if you live stream you playing along to backing tracks or something you're not going to prove anything, because if you're amazing at it or shit at it, it still is not the same situation and everyone will point that out. it's a total waste of time on your part.

you'd be closer to it if you take up Speedo's offer to do an actual show to be honest.

Shhh, I'm a terrible bassist! I'm worse at bass than guitar, I only threw that idea out there to make myself look good, don't push him to it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Edit the video down as individual songs, and upload a playlist. you can do a sped up time stamp to prove it's a full show, but show the full performance of each song as separate uploads, because if you condensed it to ten minutes you wouldn't be able to tell if you were playing and singing it correctly. 

Also a condensed video would be just you cherry picking the better moments.

Upload the whole show, let us sift through and watch as much or as little as we please. Or yeah do what kay said and upload each as individual tracks. Plenty of options.

The more you guys issue pre qualifications, the less likely I am to do this.

Now we are back to the "it will never be the same blah blah blah" a pre qualifier I have literally debunked repeatedly.

I could come out walking on water playing Mozart and you guys would say its not the same because I didn't have a baton up my ass or whatever.

Skiba fucking sucks ass, and me, and hundreds of thousands of guitar players could do better than him onstage. You guys can ignore reality all you want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Okay here's the deal -

You can't replicate the environment Skiba has on stage, so you'll never be able to compare yourself.

if you do this, we will watch it, and will either laugh / mock you for it, or point out you made a good effort but it doesn't matter as it isn't the same.

either way it's a lot of effort on your part for no reason, because I cannot stress this enough : you will not prove anything to anyone here. 

If you want to waste your time crack on, I will eat popcorn and watch and probably comment on it, but you do this with the full knowledge that it won't change anyones mind and that they'll probably dick on you for it. okay? and if you get mad or call everyone knobs or claim you've won or whatever, well you've been warned of the outcome. 

there's literally no point. 

• Like 1