This is hilarious

High Value Man

2 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I am a better guitarist than Tom.

No you aren't, not even close. I will accept Skiba but you're out of your mind if you think you're better than Tom and I will smack you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I can't believe we are claiming that Skiba is a bad singer. Maybe I've always been blinded by my love for Alkaline Trio, but he's without a doubt the better singer in this battle with Oliver. 

I think the debate was blink iteration of Skiba, Oliver admitted Alkaline Skiba is way better.

This song and performance is actually really good, he's good in his element, it's just in blink it's more of a phoned in yelling style.

I mean not to derail this wonderful thread but it's pretty clear Matt is a darker, independent artist, he doesn't like writing up beat Goldfinger songs about California, he likes writing his own style and couldn't care less about the music they're writing in blink.  It's got to be hard to fake it every night and probably the biggest effect on his performance.

The guitar issues I have no idea, he must really just not be comfortable with Tom's style.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I watched some of this, and on the Blink stuff, I am without question better.

AK3 stuff he is better. But that is him writing songs for him. Huge advantage. Can't compare the two. I could write songs for me with lower vocals and sound awesome too.

So, question - when you say you are better, do you meant better at guitar? or performance? or both

Since you've locked your videos and I can no longer watch them to compare, I have to take what you said and toss it back your way (slightly amended):

Show me any video of you coming close to matching those riffs he plays. He's got you beat unless you can do that.

Saying you already did but then taking down the video doesn't count - because we can't compare anymore.

11 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

No you aren't, not even close. I will accept Skiba but you're out of your mind if you think you're better than Tom and I will smack you.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Do you behave like this in real life, like face to face with people?

You are out of your minds.

Guitar playing is based on complexity of work. If you honestly think that Brian May riffs from Queen are on the same level as Tom Delonge guitar playing, than you don't know guitar.

We aren't talking about songwriting. We aren't talking about performing. We aren't talking singing. We aren't talking clever. We are talking complexity.

There is no challenge. Its not even close. I learned the Queen and Beatles stuff first, and then when I went to learn Blink stuff, it was like childs play.

Find me a single riff that Tom has done in Blink that touches the likes of Queen riffs.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Guitar playing is based on complexity of work. If you honestly think that Brian May riffs from Queen are on the same level as Tom Delonge guitar playing, than you don't know guitar.

We aren't talking about songwriting. We aren't talking about performing. We aren't talking singing. We aren't talking clever. We are talking complexity.

There is no challenge. Its not even close. I learned the Queen and Beatles stuff first, and then when I went to learn Blink stuff, it was like childs play.

Find me a single riff that Tom has done in Blink that touches the likes of Queen riffs.

You are all over the place with this argument. So now it's about complexity? I am so confused.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13671416

You can play someone else riff, you can't write them. Imitation is muscle memory, not creativity.

1 minute ago, Randall said:

So, question - when you say you are better, do you meant better at guitar? or performance? or both

Since you've locked your videos and I can no longer watch them to compare, I have to take what you said and toss it back your way (slightly amended):

Show me any video of you coming close to matching those riffs he plays. He's got you beat unless you can do that.

Saying you already did but then taking down the video doesn't count - because we can't compare anymore.

I am a better guitarist. Which means, with practice, I could be a better performer. Skiba only has me beat there because its his job and he does 5000 shows to my zero. But if I legit sat down and learned a Blink set front to back, I could without question, perform it better than him.

He has me beat now. But its only because he learned it.

1 minute ago, Randall said:

You are all over the place with this argument. So now it's about complexity? I am so confused.

I am not all over the place.

Everyone else is.

Different people are talking different things. I have maintained order in what I am talking about. I am replying to different people about different things.

4 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Queen sucks ass.

1 minute ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13671416

Blank reply.

If you seriously think that Tom Delonge riffs are anything close to matching Queen, I am sorry dude, as a friend, its not even in the same league. Its like comparing the major leagues to college baseball.

If we are talking songwriting, we are having a different discussion. But guitar work......you can't be serious.

Blank reply.

If you seriously think that Tom Delonge riffs are anything close to matching Queen, I am sorry dude, as a friend, its not even in the same league. Its like comparing the major leagues to college baseball.

If we are talking songwriting, we are having a different discussion. But guitar work......you can't be serious.

I didn't say Tom is a better guitarist than Brian May. I said Tom is a better guitarist than you.

• Love 1

He has me beat now. But its only because he learned it.

Okay, but was that not the original debate?

You said you could post a video now, currently, and it would be better than Skiba
Sure, maybe one day you could be, but you said "I could do this and I could beat him"

and now you're even saying yourself you didn't.

So can you not concede and say that Skiba won this time around? Again, take the L
So practice up and in another month or so post a new video, and prove us wrong THEN.

This is how I know you don't know music.

Although you do like The Beatles. So bonus points. Do you think Lennon was a better guitarist than Tom?

Lets be real Ghent.

Yes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything lol.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I am a better guitarist than Tom.

You couldn't even nail your own cherry picked setlist in your spare bedroom (songs you have been playing for 10-15 years), live streaming via potato to 7-8 people you talk to online every day. You really think you can replace Matt Skiba/Tom Delonge in blink-182 in front of 90k people in Quebec the other day? LOL. Just stop man, you should've stopped 2 days ago when people were being halfway nice about your stream.

It doesn't matter how skilled/technical you are on guitar, or whether or not you can play piano/drums/jazz flute/etc. You could hit 95% of your Free Throws, does that mean you could replace LeBron? Live guitar "skill" alone is a fraction of what Matt/Tom do in blink. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I think Oliver would actually piss himself if he was on stage in front of 10 thousand people and expected to perform

I know I would!

You piss yourself normally, you incontinent dweeb, I don't know what an audience brings to the table.

• Haha 1