This is hilarious

High Value Man

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

If we are talking about guitar was a purely technical standpoint, and I can play riffs that Tom can't handle. Then I am a better guitarist. Just basic common sense.

Not sure how anyone can get around that one. LOL

why are you acting like your Queen clip was "good"?  you fucked up multiple notes, were off time with the song, and if you played that live people would view you as the weird guy who comes into Guitar Center and plays the same riff for 30 minutes. 

• Like 1

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

why are you acting like your Queen clip was "good"?  you fucked up multiple notes, were off time with the song, and if you played that live people would view you as the weird guy who comes into Guitar Center and plays the same riff for 30 minutes. 

LOL, I didn't mess up.

But the point is find me a video of Tom or Matt playing something as good.

Oh right.............

No one can. Because they fucking aren't as good.

/end of thread.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

LOL, I didn't mess up.

But the point is find me a video of Tom or Matt playing something as good.

Oh right.............

No one can. Because they fucking aren't as good.

/end of thread.

We did, several times, you chose to ignore it and say "I did better, no question"

We're saying you didn't. Accept it. Take the L

/end of thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You and Jan have something in common. Mixing apples and oranges. I am not talking about songwriting. Not at all.

I am talking about guitar playing ability. You got it dude, it is muscle memory. Most everything people learn is muscle memory. What is the point? I am still a better guitarist.

Learning French is just about memorization. But if someone took more time doing that and speaks it better than me, guess what? They are better at speaking French. That's just how it works.

No, you're talking about guitar skill. Memorizing someone else guitar riffs isn't skill, its patience and muscle memory. Following a recipe doesn't make you a great cook.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Jan you've lost the plot and moved the goal posts.

Mixing apples and oranges.

I am only talking guitar playing ability now.

Okay so we're talking purely guitarist for hire technical skills?  Then I trump all of you.

Who cares if you can beat Skiba and Tom in a guitar covering competition if you can't beat Jan.

tumblr_p5xfw6zpOT1r1ult6o1_400.gif

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I asked Ghent about Lennon.....

But he ran.....

I immediately responded that Lennon was better than Tom. A no brainer.

Nobody has any idea what you're talking about at this point.

10 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You and Jan have something in common. Mixing apples and oranges. I am not talking about songwriting. Not at all.

I am talking about guitar playing ability. You got it dude, it is muscle memory. Most everything people learn is muscle memory. What is the point? I am still a better guitarist.

Learning French is just about memorization. But if someone took more time doing that and speaks it better than me, guess what? They are better at speaking French. That's just how it works.

Tom could cover a queen song of he wanted to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

No, you're talking about guitar skill. Memorizing someone else guitar riffs isn't skill, its patience and muscle memory. Following a recipe doesn't make you a great cook.

Oh so you mean like what Skiba is doing in Blink.

Got it. LOL.

Memorizing guitar parts better than someone else makes you a better guitarist. That's how it is with literally every single thing in life.

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I'm not convinced Oli is even reading these posts now, I think he's been replaced by an Oli bot, it's just gibberish at this point.

No. There are like 50 different factors that go into making a musician.

Ghent is talking about factor 30

Speedo is talking about factor 23

Randall is talking about factor 12, 24, 45

I respond to Ghent on factor 30, and Randall uses that reply to say its not relevant to factor 12.

The only people confused here are you all.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Oh so you mean like what Skiba is doing in Blink.

Got it. LOL.

Memorizing guitar parts better than someone else makes you a better guitarist. That's how it is with literally every single thing in life.

I'm starting to hate you.

So have you at least admitted somewhere than you can't replace Skiba? Wasn't that your original claim and point of all of this? Now you are clinging on to some hope that you are better at guitar, because you know a Queen solo and Skiba/Tom haven't googled the tabs?

My uncle won best guitarist in Indiana, and couldn't replace Tom/Skiba and plays at crappy bars to 10 people. You are nowhere near "replacing Skiba" level. If you feel you are, please start an Alk3 or blink cover band, and lets see how that goes over, along with high quality video of your performances.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

I'm starting to hate you.

this is how we know he's lost the plot, you rarely lose your patience with him. damn dude. 

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

No way in hell

In no blink song does it ever call for a Queen solo to take place.  If Tom wanted to, I'm more than positive he could 'cover' a Queen song.

Skiba can't considering he can't even cover blink songs but Tom? Are you being genuine here?

• Like 1

Where did I do any of that? I'm trying to keep up with you best as I can. Truth be told, no matter what I say to try and reach you, I feel as though you'll ignore it and say I'm wrong, case and point when I posted those videos your response was "I am better, hands down" but that's just a general statement, there is nothing to back that up, and from what I recall of your video, you were not better - so then, who is right in that situation?

It's such a bummer cause the video was really fun, and I truly do commend you for putting yourself out there.

Hubris though, and humbleness.

I do hope that sometime someone can come along and explain things better, and reach you in ways others haven't been able to.