This is hilarious

High Value Man

I get it. I am not a dancer and I thought Michael Jackson's moves looked easy till I tried them. Then I got served a case of the "wow this is fucking impossibles"

But see, I am not arrogant. So I can admit that.

Seems people here can't see the difference. Well then try it. Lets see it happen. Because if you think Tom Delonge can do BR, you are on another planet.

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yeah ya did, by saying Tom is a better guitarist than me and by saying the Ramone guitarist is better. Yet I can play Brian May riffs. So that is exactly what you are saying.

Brian May, Tom DeLonge and Johnny Ramone are better than you.

You can play the solo to Bohemian Rhapsody all fucking day long (it's not a complex solo by the way), you still can't fucking write it ... which is my point ... talent isn't in imitation its in innovation and creation.

I get it. I am not a dancer and I thought Michael Jackson's moves looked easy till I tried them. Then I got served a case of the "wow this is fucking impossibles"

Seems people here can't see the difference. Well then try it. Lets see it happen. Because if you think Tom Delonge can do BR, you are on another planet.

You’re the most arrogant person I’ve ever interacted with. By far. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I think I joined in late. What is BR? Boxcar Racer? Bad Religion??? Something else? 

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

I think I joined in late. What is BR? Boxcar Racer? Bad Religion??? Something else? 

Oliver seems to think the pinnacle of guitar talent is learning to play the stupid solo in BR ... BR being Bohemian Rhapsody ... now he's Mick Jagger strutting around like it means he wrote the fucking thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Is that really his argument now on being better than Tom/Skiba? Lmao! Most decent guitarists could learn all 25 seconds of that with a bit of practice. I was expecting some 3 minute Van Halen/Steve Vai shred fest...sheesh.

Who really cares anyways? We should do a poll...Which would you rather be? 

A) Multi-millionaire that made living out of playing and recording his own music. Composed relatively simple songs but the songs were loved, adored, and worshiped by millions. Inspired thousands of people to start picking up instruments themselves. A highly influential musician that can do whatever he now wants with his life whether he wants to pick up a guitar or not.

b) A highly skilled guitar shredder that can tear up Bohemian Rhapsody and Steve Vai songs...but has never been successful at composing your own songs or gaining your own fans. Is an internet warrior that picks on and talks condescendingly to members of a blink-182 forum you are an admin for. Working a 9-5 job and spending all day arguing that you're better than Matt Skiba and the founding member of the band that is the reason behind your own internet website. Obviously miserable that you never reached your own dreams of being a successful musician. 

Who would you rather be? 

• Like 1

Who really cares anyways? We should do a poll...Which would you rather be? 

A) Multi-millionaire that made living out of playing and recording his own music. Composed relatively simple songs but the songs were loved, adored, and worshiped by millions. Inspired thousands of people to start picking up instruments themselves. A highly influential musician that can do whatever he know wants with his life whether he wants to pick up a guitar or not.

b) A highly skilled guitar shredder that can tear up Bohemian Rhapsody and Steve Vai songs...but has never been successful at composing your own songs or gaining your own fans. Is an internet warrior that picks on and talks condescendingly to members of a blink-182 forum you are an admin for. Working a 9-5 job and spending all day arguing that you're better than Matt Skiba and the founding member of the band that is the reason behind your own internet website. Obviously miserable that you never reached your own dreams of being a successful musician. 

Who would you rather be? 

Neither, there's a million assholes with ten million guitars and they all fucking suck. Fuck 'em. It's metal string on wood, it makes noise, who fucking cares.

Sorry Diddy, I'm not mad at you ... just irritated. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

You can play the solo to Bohemian Rhapsody all fucking day long (it's not a complex solo by the way), you still can't fucking write it ... which is my point ... talent isn't in imitation its in innovation and creation.

WE ARENT TALKING SONGWRITING

This is where the disconnect is dude. You can't seem to separate the two. You have guitar playing on one side, you have guitar creation/songwriting on the other. They aren't the same thing.

Just now, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

Neither, there's a million assholes with ten million guitars and they all fucking suck. Fuck 'em. It's metal string on wood, it makes noise, who fucking cares.

Sorry Diddy, I'm not mad at you ... just irritated. 

I was just trying to point out how stupid it seems to be sitting at home with no fans acting like you're so much better than a successful musician. Yea. I can play drums better than a lot of famous drummers, but you know what? They're living the dream and I'm not. They get the last laugh no matter what. 

26 minutes ago, WimpyDrivesThroughHarlem said:

Talent is most definitely imitation and memorization. In fact it is the key to success with everything. You can talk because you imitated and memorized. Don't you think that is kind of important?

That is literally everything. Even songwriting is imitation and memorization. Writing 1000 shit songs to get the experience to writing a good one. That is literally the foundation of success in life.

I was just trying to point out how stupid it seems to be sitting at home with no fans acting like you're so much better than a successful musician. Yea. I can play drums better than a lot of famous drummers, but you know what? They're living the dream and I'm not. They get the last laugh no matter what. 

Almost as stupid as alienating your friends for the sake of winning an argument you're wrong about.

• Like 1

Talent is most definitely imitation and memorization. In fact it is the key to success with everything. You can talk because you imitated and memorized. Don't you think that is kind of important.

That is literally everything. Even songwriting is imitation and memorization. Writing 1000 shit songs to get the experience to writing a good one. That is literally the foundation of success in life.

We are done now. Chalk it up as a win, James.

1 minute ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

This is where the disconnect is dude. You can't seem to separate the two. You have guitar playing on one side, you have guitar creation/songwriting on the other. They aren't the same thing.

I think there is a difference between musical creativity and uniqueness and songwriting. Johnny didn't write that many of the Ramones songs, but his playing style is innovative. A lot of people copy that style. The same goes for singers. Lots of people are great and skilled singers, but it's the singers with unique voices regardless of skill that we remember. 

• Like 1