This is hilarious

High Value Man

37 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Fucking hell, I've missed a lot.

Oliver, you're absolutely mental, it's fucking brilliant. 

Could read this all day, keep it coming!

How good is waking up to 10+ pages of absolute nonsense to catch up on? 

I still can’t believe we’re just letting go the fact he thinks those solos are ‘shredding’. Fair play on learning them cos they definitely are a step up from basic punk songs, but standing there lifeless and hitting the right notes isn’t shredding. 

• Like 2

Another fellow first poster here, been lurking here ever since the infamous Feldmann era began. It might be good to say first that I've been a huge blink fan for years, although my love for the band, which I thought was immovable, is fading ever since the Feldmann era. I also enjoy Skiba's work outside of blink.

(English is not my first language so bare with me :D)

Hope I get this right. So all this charade started when this dude, Oliver, claimed that he's a better guitarist and singer than Matt Skiba. However, most people here thought this claim is far fetched, and it coming from Oliver didn't help much and I guess he went head first to a battle already lost.

I'm not here to jump on the comparison of Oliver and Skiba since you guys have a rich history together I guess and already made up your minds, but underneath all the madness going on here Oliver does have some valid points and I think "Oliver>Skiba" dude is getting them right.

First, let's talk about the guitar part. Now I'm not sure if Oliver is a better player than Skiba, but I know one thing, Skiba is NOT a good guitar player and I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver, and a lot of other hobby guitarists are indeed better than him. It doesn't matter if Skiba plays infront of thousands in a show, dozen in a soundcheck or alone in the radio station. Even Skiba himself admitted he had to learn how to do pull offs and hammer ons when he came to blink, which is odd considering he played guitar for years. (Reference to Skiba saying that: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/matt_skiba_the_guitar_challenges_i_faced_when_replacing_tom_delonge_in_blink-182.html). 
It's been 4 years since he joined the band and the dude still struggles to do anything on the guitar other than power chords.
So yeah, I think it's safe to say that Skiba wouldn't be able to shred a Queen solo and Oliver, and probably more people on this board, are technically more capable than him on the guitar.
I don't agree however that Oliver is better than Tom though, this one do seem a bit far fetched. Following the band for so long I know Tom is a way better player than people give him credit for.

Second, the singing. I used to enjoy Skiba's vocals for most of his career, but in blink he's utilizing his voice terribly. It feels like he sings only when Mark needs help in a higher vocal reigster, and clearly he also struggles these days with the high notes as well.
For reference:
1. here he can't sing BIOMY in a soundcheck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yubOKFiPZps
2. It also seems like Cynical is getting out of his range https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzPifKyxkvU

So yeah, Skiba is doing a bad job these days both singing and guitar wise that an odd fan could probably perform better than him and nobody would be surprised. Hell, bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day have been bringing little boys on stage to play songs much more difficult than blink's and yet they nail them. I don't know if Oliver is that kid Dave Grohl would bring on stage, but there are plenty of those kids around especially since the bar Skiba is setting right now is as low as it gets. Skiba used to be better when he filled for Tom during 2015 but his performances are only getting worse. 

Damn my post turned to be a big mess but I hope you find something contributing to this discussion here haha :D

Peace

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

This is my first post here but I’ve been lurking this board since BIOMY came out to catch other opinions from other Blink fans besides the reddit page... and holy shit did I stumble on a goldmine of entertainment.

I assume you’ve all be here since before the reunion with Tom, for the most part at least. I bring this up because i think it factors into what’s at play in this Oliver music situation. You’ve all lived in and communicated in this bubble for so long that even truthful comments from other members gets taken as trolling and hating for the sake of hating. I hope my opinion, from an outsider who has very little idea of the history of you guys can help this argument. Even though I know how it will end.

this dude (Oliver) sabotaged himself on purpose from what I could tell. It’s 2019, you can take your iPhone and livestream whatever you want with extremely good quality. This dude decided to live stream with a webcam on par with the one used in the first American pie. Not only that, he blasted the sound of the guitar and mic so loud that you couldn’t hear a fucking thing or pick out a distinctive sound or even the faintest resemblance of whatever song he was attempting to play. This had to be by design.

i give credit where it’s due, dude stepped up and did what he said he would (half assed albeit) I wouldn’t have the balls to go that far with it. The Seinfeld fan in me likens this situation to George taking his dead fiancés parents to his house in the Hampton’s that doesn’t exist just to see who will flinch first.

anyway, it was a dreadful performance from what we could tell. Maybe it was better but the fucking gameboy he filmed it with prevented anyone from catching anything that remotely resembles talent.

I don’t want to slam this dude because I’m new here (wouldn’t shock me if I get ban hammered) but he’s so fuxking delusional. He’s out here acting like he’s god because he stumbled through a queen solo for 25 seconds. 

Tom and Matt don’t need to film themselves playing queen riffs to justify their professional expertise. They have millions of sold records, sold out shows, and millions of dollars to justify how good they are.

the original thread and this one is like a sociology experiment with a delusional person. It’s actually fascinating to be on the outside looking in because no sane person come to any conclusion that he has.

i don’t even know what else to say but  it’s just like sad almost. Hopefully I don’t get banned and we can all talk Blink together in the future.

I’m not a “Skiba bot “ by any means. I’m on the team of wanting Tom back.  But I just caught them at the holmdel nj show it it exceeded expectations.

comparing both performances I saw in the past week or so. Skiba destroyed Oliver . End of story.

inb4 I don’t play guitar or whatever the fuck the excuse for why my opinion is wrong is.

Welcome to the community, great pilot post!

Thanks for all the welcoming words from you all, I’d respond to each of the messages but truth be told I’m posting on my phone and I’m too lazy to quote every one and respond accordingly. Also, don’t mind my typos and shit, auto correct is a bitch.

i think someone asked my opinion on BIOMY.  I hated it at first and have come to just dislike it/ be indifferent to it now. I just find this new era of blink to be heartless and gutted of any of the soul it had when Tom was in the band. It’s been made clear to me that regardless of your opinion of the guy Tom was the driving force of the writing process and pushing the band forward. Hence why he left and now we have 40 writers to make a 50 second song. I grew up with blink and as a now 28 year old father, I’m just not interested in songs about popping Xanax in parking lots and shit. Neighborhoods and DED was exactly what I thought Blink should be in this day and age, a more mature sound and more mature lyrics.

someone commented on the Devils. Hell of an off-season, I still think we need one more top defenseman and another winger but besides that I’m highly excited for our future, and think we will be a playoff team this year. Hopefully it’s enough to convince hall to stay.

im excited to get to know the ways of the board and get in the mix. Should be fun. I had to get away from the reddit one because god forbid you mention Tom in a positive light, it ends in massive downvotes and no discussion can be had.

To further the discussion going on here, I’ll use a wrestling analogy to show what Oliver is saying and how insane it is:

Hulk hogan had like 5 moves he did. Punch, big boot, body slam, clothesline, leg drop. I can record a video of me doing all these moves just like he does them. Does that make me a better pro wrestler than Hogan because I can also drop a big leg?  Could I of replaced Hogan at any point in time?

No. That’s not how it works. Sorry buddy. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

Thanks for all the welcoming words from you all, I’d respond to each of the messages but truth be told I’m posting on my phone and I’m too lazy to quote every one and respond accordingly. Also, don’t mind my typos and shit, auto correct is a bitch.

i think someone asked my opinion on BIOMY.  I hated it at first and have come to just dislike it/ be indifferent to it now. I just find this new era of blink to be heartless and gutted of any of the soul it had when Tom was in the band. It’s been made clear to me that regardless of your opinion of the guy Tom was the driving force of the writing process and pushing the band forward. Hence why he left and now we have 40 writers to make a 50 second song. I grew up with blink and as a now 28 year old father, I’m just not interested in songs about popping Xanax in parking lots and shit. Neighborhoods and DED was exactly what I thought Blink should be in this day and age, a more mature sound and more mature lyrics.

someone commented on the Devils. Hell of an off-season, I still think we need one more top defenseman and another winger but besides that I’m highly excited for our future, and think we will be a playoff team this year. Hopefully it’s enough to convince hall to stay.

im excited to get to know the ways of the board and get in the mix. Should be fun. I had to get away from the reddit one because god forbid you mention Tom in a positive light, it ends in massive downvotes and no discussion can be had.

To further the discussion going on here, I’ll use a wrestling analogy to show what Oliver is saying and how insane it is:

Hulk hogan had like 5 moves he did. Punch, big boot, body slam, clothesline, leg drop. I can record a video of me doing all these moves just like he does them. Does that make me a better pro wrestler than Hogan because I can also drop a big leg?  Could I of replaced Hogan at any point in time?

Trust me, you've come to the right place haha

19 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

Go Red Wings!

7 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I like how people who have lurked for years and not felt the need to sign up have decided that they simply cannot let this ridiculous Oliver argument pass without making a comment about it. 

Over the years, I think dozens of people have signed up just to argue with Oliver.

• Haha 1

Make the most of it guys. By my calculations we only have a good 48 hours until Oliver finally decides he needs space away from this place as it’s no good to his health. 

But on the plus side it’s only 2 weeks until he returns a new man with no intentions to enter any debates or get riled up. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Worth another watch for sure, just subscribed to 'James Stone' - looking forward to seeing more great new content such as this, I'd advise you all do the same!

@Bucko - watch and don't laugh, bet you can't...

He was one bag of skittles away from pulling a Zimmerman it seems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Njdevils26 said:

Welcome to the party!