The Punk/Pop-Punk Recommendation thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I prefer the 2006 leaked demos to TDAG, especially the songs they kept over. the reprise version of Luca from the demos is so much better than the album version. Plus 1996, Nobody Moves, and Missing You are all absolutely brilliant. 

Yes, but their not all child molesters. 

MLK was a womanizer, Mother Theresa a greedy cunt who used the sick and dying ... people do fucked up shit, it doesn't mean they exclusively do fucked up shit. You can appreciate a part of something even if the rest of it is diabolical. Hell, even the Nazis managed to pull some decent shit off ... created the concepts of highways, gun laws, animal rights, anti-smoking campaigns and pulled Germany out of a devastating depression. It doesn't mean don't hate the nazis, just acknowledge that life is messy and not good v. bad or black/white. Appreciate what you can of it and dismiss the rest.

it's kind of hard when 60% of the songs have a "I'm a terrible person who fucks with underage girls" vibe in them. I love, love, love Brand New and their music, but it really has dampened my appreciation and enjoyment of them. it's hard to ignore lyrics with them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

it's kind of hard when 60% of the songs have a "I'm a terrible person who fucks with underage girls" vibe in them. I love, love, love Brand New and their music, but it really has dampened my appreciation and enjoyment of them. it's hard to ignore lyrics with them

The lyrics are what they were prior to your knowledge of his shittiness. The connotations are your doing.

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

yeah I mean, even on songs on sci fi -

"Well this is the same logic
That got us into trouble the first time
(When we discovered we could use)
The same logic to get us out of trouble
And shake off all the people we abuse"

But Me vs Maradonna Vs Elvis is probably the most damning. I still can't really listen to it. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Kay said:

yeah I mean, even on songs on sci fi -

"Well this is the same logic
That got us into trouble the first time
(When we discovered we could use)
The same logic to get us out of trouble
And shake off all the people we abuse"

Same Logic was written by Vinnie on the TDAG sessions (he wrote the lyrics and every instrument on the song) but they thought it didn't fit the album. I don't think he was referring to JL's behaviours in the song though. 

15 hours ago, Elisa said:

Same Logic was written by Vinnie on the TDAG sessions (he wrote the lyrics and every instrument on the song) but they thought it didn't fit the album. I don't think he was referring to JL's behaviours in the song though. 

See I had absolutely no idea Vinnie wrote it, how cool! and yeah nvm then about the lyrics haha

• Like 1