The Punk/Pop-Punk Recommendation thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i've never seen either band live, actually. and SW only once.

I bailed on the 2 times I got a chance to see Riverdales so I have never seen them either. I usually catch SW everytime they're around and it's always a great show. If you get the chance to see 'em do it!

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

classic album. i went to the vagrant records release show for something to write home about at the troubadour in LA. reggie and the full effect opened for them.

although i prefer the red letter day EP. that's my favorite get up kids release.

My favorite song from the album is Valentine. It's amazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phteven_DeLounge said:

I have tried to get into the wonder years several times and I just cant do it. it really seems like something I should like and I do really like their style musically but I find the singer...really fucking whiny. idk. 

Basically if they had a different vocalist and just as good but less pretentious/whiny lyrics I'd be all over them. 

13 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

This one is an absolute banger, love their non standard song structures - more pop punk bands should try and be less formulaic.

the thing for me with quite a few of these bands (and it's not the bands' fault) is that i try to get into it, but i can't help hearing the six or seven bands who came before that they're basing their style on.