TOP 10 FILMIC EXPERIENCES (redux)

Jan Backing Track

12 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Our English teacher made us watch the coolest working-class british films from the 90s in high school when the class performed well on a test. We watched Twin Town, Billy Elliot, Meantime (with Tim Roth and Gary Oldman and it was great!), another one with Ewan Mcgregor where he was a miner and played in a band and some others I don't remember, but they were all good. 

Holy fuck you watched twin town ?? ?? it’s proper bonkers, I don’t think people who aren’t welsh would understand the humour 

How good is Billy Elliot btw? Fucking beautiful movie. Jamie Bell is incredible 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Holy fuck you watched twin town ?? ?? it’s proper bonkers, I don’t think people who aren’t welsh would understand the humour 

How good is Billy Elliot btw? Fucking beautiful movie. Jamie Bell is incredible 

Haha I did! I would be lying if I said I remember it well because it's been like 13 or 14 years since I saw it, but I remember that I liked it and that those two brothers were crazy. It was sad and ruthless but also hilarious. My teacher was so into this kind of stuffs. I'll watch it again this week if I find it somewhere. Was it filmed around your area?

I love Billy Elliot ❤ I could watch it endlessly and never get bored of it.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Haha I did! I would be lying if I said I remember it well because it's been like 13 or 14 years since I saw it, but I remember that I liked it and that those two brothers were crazy. It was sad and ruthless but also hilarious. My teacher was so into this kind of stuffs. I'll watch it again this week if I find it somewhere. Was it filmed around your area?

I love Billy Elliot ❤ I could watch it endlessly and never get bored of it.

Yeah it was filmed in Swansea about 30 miles away but I know Swansea really well it’s like my second home. 

• Like 1

Happy Gilmore (his Nan reminded me of my Nan and I love how it never fails to make me happy / laugh)

Fight Club

Inglorious Basterds - absolute masterpiece

Notting Hill 

Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 (not seen 4 so can't comment)

Silence of the Lambs

That's it really. 

I like the Jump Street films, this scene remains one of a few that had me in stitches in cinema:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Filmed in part of Port Talbot/Margam too. 

As a total coincidence, Cinema Co in Swansea just announced their showing Twin Town and selling hot dogs on July 28th haha 

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:11 AM, Alan Rickman said:

Starship Troopers was a sweet movie. I loved everything about it and I was big into starcraft at the time so its forever etched into my heart. 

The greatest day of my life was getting on a plane and walking past Gary Busey in first class. Then passing through the coach section and seeing Jake Busey (Ace) seated. I wish I had had something witty to say to him. Oh well. 

So he made his son sit in coach? lol

I'd say I was a fan of Shasta McNasty back in the day and I have no clue what the show even is because it was 20 years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elisa said:

Our English teacher made us watch the coolest working-class british films from the 90s in high school when the class performed well on a test. We watched Twin Town, Billy Elliot, Meantime (with Tim Roth and Gary Oldman and it was great!), another one with Ewan Mcgregor where he was a miner and played in a band and some others I don't remember, but they were all good. 

I got to see this last year and I really dug it. Found it very relatable despite being it's own thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucko said:

Happy Gilmore (his Nan reminded me of my Nan and I love how it never fails to make me happy / laugh)

Fight Club

Inglorious Basterds - absolute masterpiece

Notting Hill 

Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 (not seen 4 so can't comment)

Silence of the Lambs

That's it really. 

I like the Jump Street films, this scene remains one of a few that had me in stitches in cinema:

Jump Streets were underrated, Channing is funny.  

The Other Guys is another comedy that didn't get enough love

• Like 1

10 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

So he made his son sit in coach? lol

I'd say I was a fan of Shasta McNasty back in the day and I have no clue what the show even is because it was 20 years ago.

Lol I've laughed about that same thing for years now. 

On 7/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, Alan Rickman said:

Starship Troopers was a sweet movie. I loved everything about it and I was big into starcraft at the time so its forever etched into my heart. 

The greatest day of my life was getting on a plane and walking past Gary Busey in first class. Then passing through the coach section and seeing Jake Busey (Ace) seated. I wish I had had something witty to say to him. Oh well. 

The third movie that no one knows exists is also worth a look. Some good satire of state and religion in that one.

39 minutes ago, MSandt said:

The third movie that no one knows exists is also worth a look. Some good satire of state and religion in that one.

I watched part of the 2nd but Johnny Rico is back for 3 so I should give it a watch. 

• 1 month later...

1. Lord Of The Rings - This whole series, (Return of the King if I had to pick one), is just the most epic thing to come to film. There's so much behind it you'd have to be remid of soul to not be moved or enjoy.  Perfect balance of fantasy, heart, and baddassery.

2. Pulp Fiction - I think, for various reasons, this is a must see film.  It changes the way you look at movies and is unlike anything else before it, or after.

3. The Office - I don't think there's another show that ever lives up to this level.  Perfect blend of humor and relatability.

4. The Matrix or T2 - I simply think these are the best action movies, that still resonate today and say more than just action. 

5. The Exorcist - This is the scariest movie of all time, hands down.  Fuck this movie.

7. Monte Python: Holy Grail or Team America - Both come from iconic writers of different decades, and their best work imo. This one's a toss up.

8. F.R.I.E.N.D.S - Yes Friends, why? Because fuck you, everyone needs to experience this lighter note every now and then.  

9. Burn After Reading or Big Lebowski - Coen Brothers.

10. *Insert Scorcese or Speilberg Film* - Lots to pick from.

Hm: Star Wars, Green Mile,  Kill Bill, Good Bad Ugly, Godfather 2, Fight Club, The Thing, Alien, Toy Story, Lion King, Inglorious Basterds, Sixth Sense, Tom Delonge Pursuit of Tone,